WBAC

Virglas

• 2 weeks later...

After checking my valuation on WBAC they have now increased their offer to £27395 for my base 981 Boxster 2013 with 30k miles. This is nearly £3k more than what I paid a year ago. It got me thinking whether I should take advantage of the high prices for our cars and take the plunge on an F Type convertible - a bit of a dream car for me.

So I took out the Boxster for a blast down some B roads on Sunday in between the showers and thought that I couldn't see an F Type being able to keep up with me through the corners. It really is the best handling car I have ever owned and it took me a while to find a 1 owner car in great condition.

I am staying put knowing that we all have cars that are holding their value brilliantly at the moment - quite a nice place to be in....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madlil said:

some B roads on Sunday in between the showers and thought that I couldn't see an F Type being able to keep up with me through the corners.

Ex F-type owners have said the same here, it's too wide for those roads.  You have a hell of a car.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Ex F-type owners have said the same here, it's too wide for those roads.  You have a hell of a car.

Plus - try packing for a long wknd in a F-Type .... I took one for a test drive once,put straight off once I saw the boot space!

1 hour ago, Menoporsche said:

18 minutes ago, mrbikerdood said:

Plus - try packing for a long wknd in a F-Type .... I took one for a test drive once,put straight off once I saw the boot space!

All good feedback to stop me from making a mistake!

I can't help but think the F-Type is all about the looks and the noise....I need to stop thinking about it....

49 minutes ago, Madlil said:

All good feedback to stop me from making a mistake!

I can't help but think the F-Type is all about the looks and the noise....I need to stop thinking about it....

Now try and get this lot in THE f-Type  .....

qDeMHmZ.jpg

Edited by mrbikerdood
  • Like 1

GT vs sports car, and in this case the sports car is more practical !

The F type is over weight, under developed, all gimmicks and marketing to try and trick you into thinking the opposite.

The R8 is a far better alternative if you want something different.

54 minutes ago, 718as said:

Are you allowed to have a no displayed on a road car, i thought it was not allowed due to inciting racing.

If so it would mean all the WRC entrants driving on public roads between stages on Rally GB would be committing an offence.

(Spoiler: they're not)

well i thought i'd join in,  and just see what i got from WBAC,  30,700 and now 31,000 today.   Im actually very tempted by that,  ive spent a fair bit on it but ive enjoyed it.  I was just about to pull the trigger on a carplay unit but id be tempted to sit out the market for a bit cash in pocket and see what else comes up.

Edited by robporsche

39 minutes ago, robporsche said:

well i thought i'd join in,  and just see what i got from WBAC,  30,700 and now 31,000 today.   Im actually very tempted by that,  ive spent a fair bit on it but ive enjoyed it.  I was just about to pull the trigger on a carplay unit but id be tempted to sit out the market for a bit cash in pocket and see what else comes up.

You have done so much to yours Rob, you might regret selling! 

18 minutes ago, Madlil said:

You have done so much to yours Rob, you might regret selling! 

I know,  it was obviously never bought to make money on,  my mate and neighbour have both said im mad for thinking about it.  Perhaps i need to give  my head wobble.  I have always wanted a GTR though lol

21 hours ago, 718as said:

Looks stunning.

Are you allowed to have a no displayed on a road car, i thought it was not allowed due to inciting racing.

Urban myth,there's no issue with a number being displayed and seeing as I live in a street where some of my neighbours are plod they would have mentioned it by now :)

Had to go to the OPC yesterday and while I was there they were very interested in purchasing my car. They said that if they bought it from me it’d be sold by the end of the day as the 981 is currently a very desirable car(hence the WBAC offers) She also said that the 718 sales have been very disappointing over the past few years and nowhere near what Porsche had anticipated. Apparently the COVID situation made the factory slowdown somewhat and now manufacturers are struggling to get silicon chips to put in the cars. They’re really struggling to get a decent stock of used cars. 

Edited by bandit_287

41 minutes ago, bandit_287 said:

Evans halshaw have just offered me 2k more than WBAC. That’s considerably more than I paid for it nearly two years ago. It’s definitely the time to sell these cars if you want to. 

Better check the waiting list for 4.0 GTS...

I don't see them dipping any time soon the fundamentals remain.... 718 will continue to be undesirable (market wise) and the 4.0l is and will continue to be significantly more expensive especially with all the delays. You can cash in now but you only pay more to replace it if you want something interesting.

Edited by daz05

• 4 weeks later...