WBAC

Virglas

1 hour ago, r1flyguy said:

I happened to watch an episode of bullseye the other night… how bad do those prizes look now 🤣 (albeit they were probably awesome back then)

That's one game show they could bring back 

https://uokhun.uk/2018/10/08/investigation-reveals-hundreds-of-abandoned-speedboats-outside-homes-of-bullseye-winners/

Screenshot 2021-07-12 at 17.53.52

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2021 at 3:35 PM, Greenman said:

Yes to those that are interested in such things the peak may have passed. I got a valuation couple of few weeks ago (just for the giggles), today has seen a drop of £1100 from that value (pretty much in line with Alank quotes above.

Yep, the bubble has burst - I got another valuation on mine today, and it came back as £28,000, so 245 quid less than I paid for it.  Might as well keep the car now... er... oh, hang on, I'm never going to sell it anyway, so who cares? :lol:

1 hour ago, Davey P said:

Yep, the bubble has burst - I got another valuation on mine today, and it came back as £28,000, so 245 quid less than I paid for it.  Might as well keep the car now... er... oh, hang on, I'm never going to sell it anyway, so who cares? :lol:

How deep did they plunder your wallet at the service @Davey P?

Just sold my AMG A45S to WBAC.

Part exchange price against a new car £39,000.

Offer from Mercedes dealer to purchase for stock £40,000, as they would retail it at £43,500 apparently.

Average retail price on Autotrader £44,000 to £45,000 same age, spec and mileage.

Purchased brand new one year ago for £45,000.

WBAC offered £44,000, so deal was done. Cheap motoring for 12 months!

God knows how they will make any money on that via the auction house!

Well pleased, so I have finally gone the electric vehicle route! 

Edited by RBD914 v2
  • Like 1

Not when we’re paying £5.00 a litre of petrol and road tax is four times what it is now, we’ll be forced into an electric vehicle. Those huge 50’s yank tanks driving around Cuba have all got small capacity diesel engines fitted to them as they can’t afford to run them on gasoline. 

Edited by bandit_287

1 hour ago, bandit_287 said:

Not when we’re paying £5.00 a litre of petrol and road tax is four times what it is now, we’ll be forced into an electric vehicle. 

It's coming.  Remember how we were dubbed into diesels in the mid 90's as company car drivers and now look?  My 3.0 Tdi Quattro diesel has returned >47mpg based on 65k miles to date and yet it's 37% BIK.  You cannot smell a thing at the exhaust tips, Ad Blue, filters etc etc this thing is pretty good yet I'm caned with the tax and fuel price.

Looking to replace and for me full electric will be a nightmare (long journeys with trailer & need an estate boot for lifestyle reasons & dump runs), so it's either opt or go PHEV which is a proper con on anything over a 10 mile journey assuming you've even bothered to charge it that is.  It's a bloody gamble right now as the politicians will simply not let their motorist income stream, dry up!!

@GTSMarkyI know what you mean our family X5 is great for carrying everything and it churns out great mpg, perfect for longer trips and pretty clean once warm, absolutely nothing like the cheaper 4 pot diesels once that you hold your breath around. Won't stop them banning it from every city centre in the country.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2021 at 12:03 AM, daz05 said:

@GTSMarkyI know what you mean our family X5 is great for carrying everything and it churns out great mpg, perfect for longer trips and pretty clean once warm, absolutely nothing like the cheaper 4 pot diesels once that you hold your breath around. Won't stop them banning it from every city centre in the country.

I'm more an estate car person Daz.  Tried the RS4 and whilst ballistically quick not much difference to my car at normal speeds, plus we've the BGTS for that too.  I need to tow and a decent range is important, so at the moment it's the V60 Polestar jobbie that's the top of my list which kind of has a bit of everything with ~30miles electric range, >400hp a tow bar and a big boot..

Bought a 20 plate m135i yesterday for £31k. For a laughing I thought I’d see what Evans Halshaw would give me for it. They have just offered £31850….Also,  sold my 220d Active Tourer to them last week for £700 less than I paid them a year ago even though I’ve put £25k miles on it…..The world has gone mad….!🥴🥴🥴

5 hours ago, Virglas said:

Bought a 20 plate m135i yesterday for £31k. For a laughing I thought I’d see what Evans Halshaw would give me for it. They have just offered £31850….Also,  sold my 220d Active Tourer to them last week for £700 less than I paid them a year ago even though I’ve put £25k miles on it…..The world has gone mad….!🥴🥴🥴

I think the tide is beginning to turn. From the highest quote a mth ago WBAC quote has now gone 1k lower. Still considerably  more than I paid last July but my experience is the tide is turning 👍 All pretty irrelevant  anyway 

Edited by Ringmaster999

On 7/22/2021 at 1:29 PM, Davey P said:

The saga continues.... today's valuation has gone up to £28,250, so 5 quid more than I paid for it - woohoo! :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Davey P said:

This is getting silly now, I've had yet another "Hooray! Your PORSCHE CAYMAN has increased in price" email, this time it's gone up to £28,715 :lol:

It's raining mate, come next summer you’ll have to pay them to take it. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think part of the reason that the WBAC pricing has increased is because these days they do not just punt them down to the auction (although ones that are not really for retail quality they do no doubt)

BCA who own WBAC, also own Cinch car sales (you know the ones that advertise on the TV all the time) so they can afford to give more when you trade it to WBAC as they are selling them for more at Cinch.

There is a branch of WBAC round the corner from me and it is always busy these days. The other day there was a couple of year old Mustang and a 997 Carrera S been taken in

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mark-yorkshire said:

I got the Webuyanycar e mail yesterday saying my valuation had increased. Went online and it was £2000 more than in June ! Am now looking at seeing if an independent dealer will beat WBAC.

I got around £5K more from my local OPC (Who grudgingly matched the best bid I had) than WBAC offered for my 718 when I sold it.

Following my increased WBAC offer I put my car on Wizzle and also contacted a few Porsche and independent dealers. Most dealers could not beat or even match the WBAC offer but I did manage to get an extra £500 from Wizzle so have agreed to let the Boxster T go. First car that I have made a decent profit on.