WBAC

Virglas

2 hours ago, jason3.2s said:

Have the prices started to go lower from WBAC or still heading North?

Mine has stayed at £29,000 for the past two emails they sent.  I'm not in the slightest bit interested in selling, but it's nice to know the value has gone up a bit in my 6 months of ownership :lol:

Just been offered 32k from Portsmouth opc for my 2014 (63) S, 23k miles, most options inc Sport Techno 20" wheels,  and £38150 from wbac, what a difference. I know they have to put a warranty on it, but 5K difference??

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, mark-yorkshire said:

Just checked the 69 plate Boxster T that I sold. On 22nd October it was £50,600 with WBAC - today it’s £44,180 !!. When I sold in August it was £53,180 with WBAC and I sold for just under £54,000 with Wizzle.

The bubble is bursting!! There are some on here in denial 🤣

17 hours ago, mark-yorkshire said:

Just checked the 69 plate Boxster T that I sold. On 22nd October it was £50,600 with WBAC - today it’s £44,180 !!. When I sold in August it was £53,180 with WBAC and I sold for just under £54,000 with Wizzle.

Same with the 911, was £53k at the end of august. £44k now. Pleased I sold in the summer (elsewhere for a little more than 53)

27 minutes ago, MH82 said:

Same with the 911, was £53k at the end of august. £44k now. Pleased I sold in the summer (elsewhere for a little more than 53)

Imitated story here, £85k in August, now £75k, I didn’t sell, not looking to sell so the drop makes no difference to me at present! 
I may yet regret that decision 🤣

how much of this is just seasonal demand though? Nov/Dec always slow months for car sales and no new regs to bolster numbers so wouldn't be surprised if they are looking to reduce stock holdings and prices.

£10k drop is a heavy lump though, I wonder if the OPC sale price would show the same level of reduction - i guess not

Interesting thread for a potential buyer (me). This isn’t surprising and seems to be across the board. I am sure some of it is seasonal but lots of talk about WBAC etc being fully stocked, people reaching the point they won’t pay values being asked etc 

Autotrader stock levels are up by 20k cars compared to this time 7 weeks ago as well. 

Surely convertibles like ours will take a hit this time of year. However does the market react by holding prices as the potential demand increases due to my first sentence?

maybe, maybe not. Given how good and usable the boxster is with its heated seats, excellent hood seals and cabin heating, winter is easily kept out once inside the car so to me there’s not a bad time of year for the boxster so strike while you can. 

• Like 1

As a wanted post draws ever closer I spent some time looking at autotrader at 2013/2014 981 s models under 50k miles and they were consistently advertised by dealers 6-8k more than WBAC starting valuations. This certainly wasn’t the case 2 months ago.

On 11/8/2021 at 8:36 AM, r1flyguy said:

The bubble is bursting!! There are some on here in denial 🤣

Just updated the valuation of the Boxster T I sold in August. It’s down another £1300 since 7th November and a massive £10,130 less than in August. The trouble is in my experience most dealers look at WBAC as a starting point. Glad I sold in August via Wizzle as the dealer gave me £700 more than WBAC.

12 minutes ago, mark-yorkshire said:

Just updated the valuation of the Boxster T I sold in August. It’s down another £1300 since 7th November and a massive £10,130 less than in August. The trouble is in my experience most dealers look at WBAC as a starting point. Glad I sold in August via Wizzle as the dealer gave me £700 more than WBAC.

£10k! Wow.