Fast new Cayenne?

Menoporsche

Indeed, impressive stuff.  I wonder if more than 1% of Cayenne potential purchasers have any interest whatsoever in how fast it could go round the Nurburgring?   I can’t really see any marketing advantage here.   I suppose it just reiterates the relative handling prowess of the Cayenne  vs competitors, but really how many other manufacturers are bothering to try? best SUV in a field of 3 it seems? 

Edited by Greenman

Having driven one around Porsche Experience centre a couple of years ago, just the 3.0 diesel version on a 718/Cayenne session. I'm not surprised. Very capable car, much more than I expected

4 hours ago, Greenman said:

Indeed, impressive stuff.  I wonder if more than 1% of Cayenne potential purchasers have any interest whatsoever in how fast it could go round the Nurburgring?   I can’t really see any marketing advantage here.   I suppose it just reiterates the relative handling prowess of the Cayenne  vs competitors, but really how many other manufacturers are bothering to try? best SUV in a field of 3 it seems? 

Was a Dacia Duster one of the 3 😁

• 1 year later...

Ive driven round Spa & Nurburgring in a Hybrid KN; quite good; tyres were the limiting factor. Slicks would be fun!

(BTW, the KN was ferrying the GT3 Cup car on a BJ  trailer) I did take off the the trailer for the track!