Low Mileage 986 - What’s it Worth?

2001pt

Low Mileage 986 - What’s it Worth?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What do you reckon this will sell for?

• Under £10,000
    • £10,000-£14,999
    • £15,000-£19,999
    • £20,000-£24,999
    • £25,000-£29,999
    • £30,000 +

1 hour ago, jason3.2s said:

I still think its good value at £1350 for a 981 as you cant get many non suffix number plates for less than £1,000 unless it contains a Z.

Yeah, the Z is a killer for how much they’re worth. Something I was more than happy to take full advantage of!

5BYxO4K_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

42 minutes ago, 2001pt said:

Yeah, the Z is a killer for how much they’re worth. Something I was more than happy to take full advantage of!

5BYxO4K_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

bit buggered if you buy a 718 though! :)  

Does really make a huge difference imho though - ageless plates make a Porsche look 'just right' - and in your case - for those that know, that is a great plate!

Edited by Mattman42
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 2001pt said:

Bidding is over 15k now so that’s 45% of us that’s undervalued it so far, with 24hrs still to go

You will probably see it go to 'No Reserve' 

This is a tactic CC use to try and increase bids in the final 24 hours.

I have sold with them before and tbh I did not like their approach. They called me more than once on the final day trying to convince me to change it to no reserve and were quite aggressive in my opinion.

The same has happened with a 996 C4S that I may bid on.

1 hour ago, 2001pt said:

Bidding is over 15k now so that’s 45% of us that’s undervalued it so far, with 24hrs still to go

I don't see it as others undervaluing. More that whatever the number they post that is the value to them. 

You wouldn't say that the car was overvalued if 80% of posters valued it lower than the hammer price. 

Likewise if only 1 person wins out of 100 they are in the minority in terms of value. 

On 6/29/2021 at 2:34 PM, jason3.2s said:

I like personalised plates and that does look good.

Just surprised 981 PDK didnt go for more money, think it might in the future.

I would pay £1350 for it now and I dont have a 981 lol

PDK has a different meaning to most (I'd probably get banned if I recited it) to the real drivers on here with manuals lol

13 minutes ago, edc said:

I don't see it as others undervaluing. More that whatever the number they post that is the value to them. 

You wouldn't say that the car was overvalued if 80% of posters valued it lower than the hammer price. 

Likewise if only 1 person wins out of 100 they are in the minority in terms of value. 

The question was not put forward as 'what is the value to you'.

The question is 'what do you reckon this will sell for'

So as 2001pt mentions, 45% guessed incorrectly 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clivescoobydo said:

PDK has a different meaning to most (I'd probably get banned if I recited it) to the real drivers on here with manuals lol

Porsche doppelkupplungsgetriebe no?  Porsche double clutch gearbox in English.  Unless you a really kinky 😉

Few hours to go on the Boxster auction and currently at £16,500.  I'm reckoning it will top out just under £20k as that's quite a psychological barrier for a 986.

There's also a slightly scruffy Anniversary 986 on there finishing around the same time, currently £6,100.  Reckon that might make £8k?

45 minutes ago, MrBen said:

Few hours to go on the Boxster auction and currently at £16,500.  I'm reckoning it will top out just under £20k as that's quite a psychological barrier for a 986.

Then back in the cotton wool and box for you, Stinky Pete.

• Haha 1

Winning bid was £17,750 in the end (so £18,815 incl. the fees)

Not as much as I, and a lot of us, was expecting but way more than I’d be willing to pay 😆

Edited by 2001pt

16 minutes ago, 2001pt said:

Not as much as I, and a lot of us, was expecting but way more than I’d be willing to pay 😆

The lack of history plus the seller did not come across well in my opinion 

18 minutes ago, 2001pt said:

Is the winner on here ? 🙃

On 6/26/2021 at 7:12 PM, TROOPER88 said:

Jason, Christopher and Dunks out already

Being a Boxster site, I am surprised that all you guys that have said sub 20k do not know the value of it to be totally honest 🤣

Well then….. seems like we’re more aligned with the market than you as a trader 😂

3 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

Well then….. seems like we’re more aligned with the market than you as a trader 😂

Being totally honest, when I guessed, I was unaware of the lack of history.

well done Matt, you are the man 🤣

3 minutes ago, TROOPER88 said:

Being totally honest, when I guessed, I was unaware of the lack of history.

well done Matt, you are the man 🤣

Glad you recognise that 🤣🤣 although the lack of history was clearly stated in the original ad. Gotta read all the details, not just look at the pretty pictures!

Edited by Mattman42

What an anti climax. I was half hoping this would go for some ridiculous money 🤣