Can Ga+ from Design 911

Pordave

This thing?

https://www.design911.com/Porsche-GAN-GAand-Tuning-Module/prod141925/

Certainly quoting impressing power gains... a 986 boxster S gains 30 bhp, when my usual tuning company can only manage 12bhp with no mods.

30bhp for £190 sounds like a bargain... but if something sounds too good to be true, it usually is...

13 hours ago, Pordave said:

Has anyone tried, or would recommend Can Ga+ as a performance mod at the reduced price of £160. Seems to produce decent gains in BHP and a lot more torque for small outlay and it can be controlled from a smart phone.

Cheers Dave

3 hours ago, brillomaster said:

This thing?

https://www.design911.com/Porsche-GAN-GAand-Tuning-Module/prod141925/

Certainly quoting impressing power gains... a 986 boxster S gains 30 bhp, when my usual tuning company can only manage 12bhp with no mods.

30bhp for £190 sounds like a bargain... but if something sounds too good to be true, it usually is...

1 hour ago, edc said:

Search here. There have been a couple of users posting their feedback @Southy being one. 

Yes, I installed this back In December 2019, had some pop-up appear for 99 euros, at the time it was hard to find any information on it, product was made and sold direct from Germany, but had some Russian connection!  :)

https://www.gantuning.com/

They offer a 50 day money back.

From my experience I noticed more mid range pull, the engine 'seemed' more aggressive, I haven't had the car checked for power gains, I have fitted the stainless steel manifolds, K&N filter, 911 Throttle body and pipework, this was all prior to the GAN module.

It plugs direct into the OBD port and is controllable via an APP, it's reprogrammable to 5 cars.

I never sent mine back after the 50 days as I was happy with what I felt like it had done, it is still connected to my car.

Another thread below

• 2 weeks later...

I have one. I keep meaning to turn it off just to see what difference it makes. I remember being quite impressed when I first plugged it in. Smoother throttle and more oomph below 4k. I know when I was driving enthusiastically I used to redline it every time. Now I seem to go just as fast changing up sooner. I still rev it out though. Just for fun.

On 10/3/2021 at 6:41 PM, JonSta said:

I have one. I keep meaning to turn it off just to see what difference it makes. I remember being quite impressed when I first plugged it in. Smoother throttle and more oomph below 4k. I know when I was driving enthusiastically I used to redline it every time. Now I seem to go just as fast changing up sooner. I still rev it out though. Just for fun.

I have the GA ( basic one) and has certainly made the most of the mods I have done. Definitely mid range, romps up to the Rev limiter much quicker