981 s wanted

Stuno1

The time has come to add a wanted post. I am looking for a car with as close to the below spec as possible and looking to spend late 20’s to early 30’s. This is above what WBAC and dealers are offering from what I can see. I will require a pre purchase inspection at my cost. 

I am looking to buy from January onwards as December is very busy!  Happy to pay a holding deposit for the right car. 

2013 onwards 981 s boxster or cayman. 

• DCT with paddle shifters
  • Full service history
  • Under 50k miles 
  • PASM
  • Sports chrono
  • Sports exhaust
  • Extended leather 
  • Bose
  • Nav
  • Front and rear parking sensors
  • Heated seats

Stu

Edited by Stuno1

16 minutes ago, RickLS7 said:

I'm still contemplating selling mine, got everything except it's July 2012 & mileage is 52k.

Think you're going to struggle finding what you want at less than £35k.

There are a few examples already at 35k or under from dealers. Just means sacrificing one of the 3 main options. 

If dealers are selling at 35k ish I imagine they are buying at 30k ish. 

Just one example. 
https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/12596994

• Thanks 1

I’ve had one saved on AT for 8 weeks. Fundamentally great, loaded to the gills option wise but white with black wheels 🤮 at least the wheels can be sorted, and i could live with white. 

just whether the dealer will move price wise. 2012 car so of no interest to you @Stuno1 (I hope!)

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202109247749124?atmobcid=soc4 

2 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

There are a few examples already at 35k or under from dealers. Just means sacrificing one of the 3 main options. 

If dealers are selling at 35k ish I imagine they are buying at 30k ish. 

Just one example. 
https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/12596994

I like that a lot.

51 minutes ago, kharma45 said:

I’ve had one saved on AT for 8 weeks. Fundamentally great, loaded to the gills option wise but white with black wheels 🤮 at least the wheels can be sorted, and i could live with white. 

just whether the dealer will move price wise. 2012 car so of no interest to you @Stuno1 (I hope!)

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202109247749124?atmobcid=soc4 

I like that a lot.

Heated and cooled seats, carbon as well. Nice but yes a tad too old and high miles for what I am looking for. Even with those options it feels overpriced and if it’s been available that long the market agrees.  

3 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

Heated and cooled seats, carbon as well. Nice but yes a tad too old and high miles for what I am looking for. Even with those options it feels overpriced and if it’s been available that long the market agrees.  

I would agree the price is a bit strong, and that is why it's sitting. Either they're not for moving on price or it's a dog. I will find out with an email shortly, chance my arm and see where I get to. Well priced 981s turnover quickly as anyone who follows Ashgood's stocklist will see.

5 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Good man - You know it makes sense :lol:

Haha. There is a perfect spec (colour aside) car available on AT but it’s private sale up for £38.5k which is pretty much trade prices. I may put in a cheeky 36k offer. Worst he can do is say no…. Then sent me expletives 🤪.  

On 11/25/2021 at 11:15 AM, GTSMarky said:

..apart from the lethal P Zeros!

Is this just hearsay?  Pretty sure that's what's on mine and despite some enthusiastic driving I haven't died much yet.  I'm sure the Mich's are better and will maybe be an upgrade path in a while but no issues on mine aside from a little twitch on sheet ice last year and no way would any other tyre have coped better.

35 minutes ago, moospeed said:

Is this just hearsay?  Pretty sure that's what's on mine and despite some enthusiastic driving I haven't died much yet.  I'm sure the Mich's are better and will maybe be an upgrade path in a while but no issues on mine aside from a little twitch on sheet ice last year and no way would any other tyre have coped better.

I got rid of 4 year old P Zero's on mine and went for Michelins, made a big difference for me re being more sure footed on 19 inch wheels.

Some of it was just down to replacing older rubber.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, moospeed said:

Is this just hearsay? 

Nope, lethal is probably a bit over the top but the Michelins give much more confidence in all weather conditions, the Pirellis are great in heat or on track

• Like 3