Key fob case

Stuno1

I don't have a key fob case, but I do keep my house keys on a separate keyring, so I guess that helps to avoid scratching the Porsche key. Not the reason I separated them though, I just didn't like the noise of clanking keys while driving, so I've just got the standard Porsche issue leather key fob with the car key and nothing else attached.

1 hour ago, Davey P said:

Blimey, 130 quid for a keyring?  The Porsche tax is strong with this one........  :lol:

Went for this one in the end. Will have to see if I can manage to have my house and car keys separate! Lol 

https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod132271/Key-pouch-in-Alcantara-Porsche-991---958-Cayenne---970-Panamera---981-Boxster---981-Cayman---Macan---718-Boxster/?source=doofinder

Better images here….

https://shop.porsche.com/gb/en/key-pouch-in-alcantara---718/911/panamera/macan/cayenne/p/971044005B-B/000044001118E9

1 hour ago, Tony Daniel said:

You can replace the sides of your key with different colours. They are just small pieces of plastic and about £10 off Ebay or £3000 from Porsche

IMG20211126134814

That's exactly what I bought of Ebay, two  red ones for my Carmine red GTS and 2 as shown for my Boxster. Easy to fit and look great.

4 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

£ 143!!! Crikey. I also went down the EBay coloured sides when I had a 981S - easy to replace / change when you fancy a change.

21 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

I don't get the use of that, do you keep the posing pouch on with your house keys then have to take your car key in and out?? 

38 minutes ago, Tony Daniel said:

I don't get the use of that, do you keep the posing pouch on with your house keys then have to take your car key in and out?? 

For me it’s not about posing but keeping the key as scratch free as possible. House keys would be independent and yes it slides in and out the pouch for use. 

22 hours ago, Tony Daniel said:

You can replace the sides of your key with different colours. They are just small pieces of plastic and about £10 off Ebay or £3000 from Porsche

IMG20211126134814

Oooh, I like that carbon fibre one.  I've had a quick look on ebay, and there are none on there at the moment (from UK sellers - I refuse to order from China), but I'll keep an eye out and might have to try one.  Do they replace the existing plastic, or is it somehow clipped on over the top?

6 hours ago, Davey P said:

Oooh, I like that carbon fibre one.  I've had a quick look on ebay, and there are none on there at the moment (from UK sellers - I refuse to order from China), but I'll keep an eye out and might have to try one.  Do they replace the existing plastic, or is it somehow clipped on over the top?

It replaces the original sides. This is the one I ordered, it says UK based but still took 7 days to turn up :-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283229346462

• Thanks 1

Are scratched keys a thing?  Mine comes out of my pocket and straight into the ignition. The reverse of that when I park up! 😁

My key looks fine but does hang off a Porsche key ring all on its own. No “prison guard” style  key ring hanging from my ignition. 😀

13 minutes ago, Simo_UK said:

Are scratched keys a thing?  Mine comes out of my pocket and straight into the ignition. The reverse of that when I park up! 😁

My key looks fine but does hang off a Porsche key ring all on its own. No “prison guard” style  key ring hanging from my ignition. 😀

It’s because I always used to put my house keys on the same set. 

On 12/7/2021 at 5:04 PM, Davey P said:

Davey,

4 carbon fibre ones on Ebay today at £9.99 from Newcastle.

Not sure if I can post the link, but here goes:

Porsche Carbon Fibre key shell cover for Cayenne Cayman Panamera Macan 911 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-Carbon-Fibre-key-shell-cover-for-Cayenne-Cayman-Panamera-Macan-911-/124689647603

• Thanks 1