Looking at a 981 S…

moonshine

16 hours ago, daz05 said:

I'm compelled to reply to stop you buying a car with park assist and folding mirrors over and above PSE and PASM, that's honestly a little bit crazy.

Bose is better than SPP and very nice to have but it's not amazing, you can upgrade sound package plus quite easily.

My faves in my car are the PSE, leather dash, heated seat sport seat plus, PASM mostly because it rides nicely and for the lowered ride height, and the paddles on the wheel. Sport Chrono isn't anything to write home about.

Each to their own Daz.  For me the engineering design, driving balance & motor are what make the 981 what it is & is why the 718 (non 4.0) don't do it for me.

It's OK to just want a Porsche with the modernity switches too

19 hours ago, CMA said:

Not sure of the origins of this graphic I found on Planet-9 but it matches my discussions with the OPC and other sources and my feel in the car. 3 different levels of throttle "response" and 3 different levels (and mappings) for the pdk changes. The changes in Sports+ are much faster than in Sports, which is faster than in normal.

Also in Sports and Sports+ there are different levels of PSM applied, so in sports you get a bit more slip before it kicks in to save you and more in sports+

I have sports+ because the car came with it. It wasn't a requirement but if I tracked the car it would be. But I don't have PASM either as I find the normal suspension perfectly fine.

And yes the mounts are fkin expensive outside of warranty having just replaced one and now sat waiting for the other to go :)

80-img_0013_png_b753ebd55f5bfb7bc1d272a4

Not sure I agree with this as it says Backfire - presumably that's artificial pops and crackles - active only in Sport not in Sport Plus. I will admit I only tried Sport Plus briefly but surely it still does this, maybe not?

10 hours ago, ATM said:

Not sure I agree with this as it says Backfire - presumably that's artificial pops and crackles - active only in Sport not in Sport Plus. I will admit I only tried Sport Plus briefly but surely it still does this, maybe not?

I guessed Backfire was the pops and crackles too. On mine it's doesn't pop and crackle in Sports+ it uses all the fuel and mapping for performance rather than show. You do still get the odd one but it's the mechanical ones from the exhaust design not the fabricated ones from the mapping.

Edited by CMA

depends what you plan to use the car for, but i wouldn't get too hung up on paying a premium for a low mileage car if you are going to use it regulary - many times its been said on here, buy on condition, spec and service history, mileage is down the list unless you are going to tuck it away and use it sparingly.

i.e. don't let the right car with the right spec get away from you if it has a few more miles on but has been well looked after and regularly maintained

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, moonshine said:

PASM, PSE, LED, sports plus seats lovely colour…. Great price…..

C93C3D27-DBEE-46A2-9C42-92ECF6CB24A2.jpeg

Yes good spec, well done.

•   Model designation '718'

•   Model designation on doors in silver

•   LED main headlights including Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)

•   ParkAssist (front and rear)

•   Electrically folding exterior mirrors

•   Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)

•   Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)

•   Sports exhaust system

•      Cruise control

•      Automatically dimming mirrors with integrated rain sensor

•      Seat heating

•      Fire extinguisher

•      Navigation Module for Porsche Communication Management (PCM)

•      Digital Radio

Edited by iborguk
  • Like 1