Litronic sensor

Dazzevans

Morning team,

Has anyone replaced the levelling sensor(s) for their litronic headlights? Design 911 have two on their site, one original Porsche part (£106) and one aftermarket made by AIC (£63). Just wondering if there would be any difference in quality etc. 

Thansk. 

24 minutes ago, Dazzevans said:

Morning team,

Has anyone replaced the levelling sensor(s) for their litronic headlights? Design 911 have two on their site, one original Porsche part (£106) and one aftermarket made by AIC (£63). Just wondering if there would be any difference in quality etc. 

Thansk. 

I'd go original with an original part and buy it from an OPC, you'll probably find it will be cheaper than buying an original part from a third party.

Design 911 by default also show their pricing without VAT.

Edited by iborguk

23 minutes ago, Dazzevans said:

Morning team,

Thansk. 

No 1st hand experience - but i suggest checking the genuine part price at an OPC - design 911 are often more expensive for original parts .

Has the levelling sensor failed or is it just that the push rod assembly has seized/broken, which is more common. 

Parts form an OPC usually work out with discount and VAT at about the price D911 list on the website without VAT or delivery...  After all the are buying them from Porsche (albeit at a slightly better discount most likely) and then shipping them to you.

Example from this week. rear plastic under tray 986 504 119 00, from Porsche directly with discount £95.27 excl. VAT (£114.32 incl VAT), D911 list it at £126.56 excl. VAT and add £9.99+VAT delivery - Total £163.86 by the time it gets to you.  That is one heck of a premium unless you live miles from a Porsche parts department.

I had the arm go on mine 2 years ago. Turn the steering fully to the right and you will the able to check the front on the near side, the rear near side not so easy. If it is not broken you can disconnect the lever, 10mm spanner, and move it be hand to check if the leveling is working. From memory the part was sub £40 with vat and delivery from Porsche. The new one is metal and not plastic as the original one was. Good luck

• 2 months later...
On 2/18/2022 at 12:29 PM, ½cwt said:

Has the levelling sensor failed or is it just that the push rod assembly has seized/broken, which is more common. 

Parts form an OPC usually work out with discount and VAT at about the price D911 list on the website without VAT or delivery...  After all the are buying them from Porsche (albeit at a slightly better discount most likely) and then shipping them to you.

Example from this week. rear plastic under tray 986 504 119 00, from Porsche directly with discount £95.27 excl. VAT (£114.32 incl VAT), D911 list it at £126.56 excl. VAT and add £9.99+VAT delivery - Total £163.86 by the time it gets to you.  That is one heck of a premium unless you live miles from a Porsche parts department.

It may well be the arm actually. I assumed that the sensor would prevent the arm moving. 

my nearest OPC is Exeter I think (40 miles away) or Bournemouth (a little farther). 

Edited by Dazzevans