Magic numbers or what

Pordave

35 minutes ago, K.I.T.T. said:

@rowbos, you need to drive that more.

I know mate.  Just booked in with Lee at CPS to tie in with the April museum meet - for a couple of little jobs (A/C and possibly brakes) ... and looked at my MOT summary at the same time ... the last 3 years are shockingly low mileage numbers 😳 

8 hours ago, ½cwt said:

I staged this on my 3.2 S 986 with a bit of pre-planning:

pgJe2UC.jpg 

Needed more planning 😌 

Should have zeroed the trip counter on a frosty night at midnight with an empty fuel tank, engine not running and before the engine was warm... 🤭

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, rowbos said:

Needed more planning 😌 

Should have zeroed the trip counter on a frosty night at midnight with an empty fuel tank, engine not running and before the engine was warm... 🤭

No one would ahve believed that....

I was quite impressed that I was alert enough to think of it at around 99996 miles whilst en route to a small BoXa meet on a Sunday morning and also making sure there was somewhere to stop within the critical 1/10th of a mile...  

• Like 1

At 99999 on my old car I managed 987.2 on the trip. :)  

Not sure what went wrong but between working it out and reaching the figure but it was supposed to happen at 100000 miles but didn't.  That didn't trip until 987.4 on the trip.

56 minutes ago, rowbos said:

I find this highly offensive to my OCD.  Why didn't you reset the trip counter! 😐

If you are so easily offended, as you seem to be - stay off the forum...!   🤣

26 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

Bored then??

BTW why 52 :licki: ?

Not bored, feeling a bit cr*p and full of cold, that was a random number to be honest.  I can't believe you counted them! (are you bored?) 😬