Torn

Chukkieegg

2 minutes ago, Chukkieegg said:

So being thick what is pasm? 

Not at all, they are  "active shocks", Porsche originals on a 987 are about a 1k a corner.

Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)

PASM is an electronic damping control system. It actively and continuously adjusts the damping force on each wheel, based on current road conditions and driving style. The effect is to reduce vehicle body movement.

Edited by iborguk

@iborgukso in a weird sort of way the 987 is well specced

Going back to my Bangor comment Bangor used to be upto say 2.5 K then 5k up were next level but under current climate bangers now upto 5k and next level now around 10k and that is where my budget sits 😂 

Yup, spotted those controls. If it does have a leaky shock, and as mentioned they're expensive, someone here (bally?) found some that were good substitutes and a lot cheaper than Porsche. Ask when you've saved up a bit...

PASM more controversial than heated seats - some say no need, others wouldn't live without. I don't have so no need :D  But most suggest you will be a convert once you have it.

24 minutes ago, Chukkieegg said:

I am wondering with the weird spec if it was a showroom demo when it was new but would need to see history to work that out 😂 

It's a fairly rare combo on a "base" car (I dislike that term) with the optional 6 speed manual box.

I had a 987.1 which came with...

Sports steering wheel, Sports Seats,  BOSE , 6 speed manual, PASM, Climate, Cruise, Twin tail pipes, Xenons, Cayman S 18 inch wheels.

Edited by iborguk

@iborguk I like the pic of that one and I guess the one I am interested in was specced how it is for a reason

I do know that my current 2.5 is low spec it has 2options according to options list leather seats and rhd

5 minutes ago, Chukkieegg said:

@iborguk I like the pic of that one and I guess the one I am interested in was specced how it is for a reason

I do know that my current 2.5 is low spec it has 2options according to options list leather seats and rhd

I can't remember the exact term but there was a "Sports Design" pack for the 987.1 which gave PASM, Sports Design Wheel, Sports Seats, Twin exhaust pipes from the factory.

Edited by iborguk

Just a thought on the 987 - it looks like the the CD player is sitting a bit proud - suggesting to me it previously may have had a replacement head unit - absolutely no issue - but make sure it and all the speakers are working - just in case its juts been "shoved back in quickly"

50 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Yup, spotted those controls. If it does have a leaky shock, and as mentioned they're expensive, someone here (bally?) found some that were good substitutes and a lot cheaper than Porsche. Ask when you've saved up a bit...

PASM more controversial than heated seats - some say no need, others wouldn't live without. I don't have so no need :D  But most suggest you will be a convert once you have it.

Some 987 Non-OE PASM options (plus VAT)

https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/pt65_2505_-cma81-cmo82/Porsche/Boxster-986-987-981/Bilstein-B4--Cars-with-PASM-Button-/

https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/pt65_2154_-cma81-cmo82/Porsche/Boxster-986-987-981/Bilstein-SPRINT-B8--Cars-with-PASM-Button-/

Edited by iborguk

So replacement pasm doable if needed I know that the 987 is currently no mot and I guess the plot won't mot until they got a deal on it he also has a good rep for selling secondhand porsche's in the area and as you can see he has at least 3 911's  for sale 

Plus it had mot after fail last year so something was done

5 hours ago, Chukkieegg said:

So replacement pasm doable if needed I know that the 987 is currently no mot and I guess the plot won't mot until they got a deal on it he also has a good rep for selling secondhand porsche's in the area and as you can see he has at least 3 911's  for sale 

Plus it had mot after fail last year so something was done

IIRC  @Berty987 is the man to talk to regarding PASM replacements. 

FWIW I would choose the 987 for a daily and the 986 for a back road scratcher.

Good luck with the hunt  :)