987s 2007 - Are there 718 type LED Rear lights available for this?

sierra5

Several LEDs for the 987.1 but I have not seen one that is the 718 style of four horizontal white lines. Would love them for myself (though too mean to pay 600 quid for them…)

Zhongrun tech store on Ali express .Left and Right hand drive.04-11.

(4 options)but beware  they only show a 987.2 Cayman in the picture so maybe further investigation needed.

Thanks Liberty. 
My main idea is that my orange and black colour scheme doesn’t handle red very well, nor big blocks of black. I also have to think about someone else’s idea of putting smoked wrap over my lights just to tone them down slightly, theirs looked surprisingly good. A lot cheaper!

On 5/13/2022 at 2:57 PM, sierra5 said:

Hi,

I'm now happy owner of a 987s and looking to change the rear lights to LED if possible. 

Has anyone on the forum upgraded to LED rear lights and any good or bad stories and cool pictures very welcome.

Thanks!

Have look here https://www.porschelights.com/test

3 hours ago, Pinewood said:

be careful with 718 rear lights, the styling may not gel with the 987.1 (or. 2 for that matter) 

I agree.Like changing ambers on a 986.They regret it now for sure.

As for those naff spoiler decals and cheap and nasty sequential led indicators. personal number plates.Oh no.I seriously need therapy.No one buy them pleased,  I beg you.And if you do keep it to yourself.

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

i'm pleased with them. i always like to keep a car standard so was a bit unsure before i put them on - but i think with the colour of the car and the standard black wheels - thye look good on the car and gives it a modern look without looking like "aftermarket"

On 5/14/2022 at 1:58 PM, Menoporsche said:

Thanks Liberty. 
My main idea is that my orange and black colour scheme doesn’t handle red very well, nor big blocks of black. I also have to think about someone else’s idea of putting smoked wrap over my lights just to tone them down slightly, theirs looked surprisingly good. A lot cheaper!

Back in the day a 'boy racer' I knew thought it was a good idea to wrap his rear lights in a pair of black ladies tights!!! TBF from a distance it looked OK but you just wouldn't would you!

11 hours ago, entdgc said:

Back in the day a 'boy racer' I knew thought it was a good idea to wrap his rear lights in a pair of black ladies tights!!! TBF from a distance it looked OK but you just wouldn't would you!

I might but  I  have low standards, depends on how much beer I had. 

Edited by Paul P