Ringmaster999

Stop/Start Function.  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do.

• Always leave Stop/Start on.
    • Always turn Stop/Start off.
    • Always turn Sport mode on.

9 hours ago, andygo said:

Bit of a thread hijack - do you have anything in your Porsche manual referring  to battery voltages by any chance?

I don't think there is anything about battery voltage.  If you have a battery drain, here are the instructions on how to measure the drain: http://www.richard-hamilton.co.uk/misc/porsche/981_CCC.pdf

17 minutes ago, Richard Hamilton said:

I don't think there is anything about battery voltage.  If you have a battery drain, here are the instructions on how to measure the drain: http://www.richard-hamilton.co.uk/misc/porsche/981_CCC.pdf

It's not a battery drain as such, more, I think, that the battery is sulphated and I'm just argueing the t*ss with my Porsche dealer that supplied the car a month ago.

I spoke to Porsche on Friday and they are putting a new battery on the car. I'm not sure if it's because they agree with my position re the voltage etc or if they have just decided to swap it to shut me up!  :)

• Like 2

15 hours ago, andygo said:

I spoke to Porsche on Friday and they are putting a new battery on the car. I'm not sure if it's because they agree with my position re the voltage etc or if they have just decided to swap it to shut me up!  :)

Either way it is hopefully a win for you!

• Haha 1

Yesterday discovered brake hold works on mine when on the flat (give a little stamp on the brake) and also coast can indeed be engaged by pulling back both paddles (select a gear to disengage coast).

Edited by iborguk

I think stop/start and coast (981) must suit my usual driving style.

Due to this thread I’ve been paying more attention to it driving the past few days and I literally can’t fault it.  Both work perfectly all the time and without me doing anything other than just not having Sport activated.  I just drive and it works.

As mentioned, the only improvement it could have is the stop feature coming on like on the 718 when it seems to know when you’re approaching a stationary car in traffic and kills the engine as it approaches. Porsche witchcraft…

• Like 2

10 hours ago, iborguk said:

Yesterday discovered brake hold works on mine when on the flat (give a little stamp on the brake) and also coast can indeed be engaged by pulling back both paddles (select a gear to disengage coast).

That’s otherwise known as yobbish PSE blip mode, I’ve been known to pop it into neutral for a quick unsociable blat in underground car parks and tunnels. Love it 😍 

23 hours ago, iborguk said:

It's a 718 so yes it should work on the flat!