First spy pictures of electric Boxster

drgav2005

"Spy photographers managed to catch this black-painted, camouflaged-clad prototype of the all-electric 718 Boxster driving on the road, giving us our best look yet at what the production version may look like. Despite dropping the internal combustion engine altogether, the car still maintains a mid-engine silhouette, with a two-seat forward cabin "

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a41899673/electric-porsche-718-boxster-spy-photos/

Edited by drgav2005
Typo
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, iborguk said:

Interesting the test vehicle has different wheels front and back , might draw the attention of the more observant !

Not uncommon on test hacks.  If you look really closely there are 4 different wheel designs across the three images.

I think I'll just leave it for now.  The thread in electric cars covers all models.

As to where it belongs....

.... everywhere? :huh: 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Graham W said:

What's with the rear exhaust pipe?

Wouldn’t imagine it will look like that in the finished article. Test/Mule cars tend to have a look which is not representative of the production car.

Edited by iborguk

17 hours ago, ½cwt said:

Not uncommon on test hacks.  If you look really closely there are 4 different wheel designs across the three images.

If you look at the full gallery of pictures, could be 2 different cars as both summer and winter tyres are present.

This old fossil has no interested in an EV Boxster.  I've had my EV, a "Nice" Tesla M3 Dual motor and 4 months of that convinced me that in the UK. at least, it will be 5 to 10 years before the charging infrastructure is there to make EVs viable. At present they are urban/motorway vehicles and the charging infrastructure shows no sign of changing that.

Which is why I have the Boxster S. 

FREEDOM from a Cable!! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...