Porsche drivers Club GB

andygo

Anyone joined? Is it worth it? £90 for joint membership.

If you have joined, what have you got out of it?

You have to buy a lot of Esso to justify 7p a litre discount! :)

Edited by andygo

I joined this year but I probably won't renew. I get a magazine in the post and they have lots of meets which I'm unlikely to attend. I do buy a lot of Esso. Discount parts from Porsche main dealers may just recover my membership fee. We'll see.

I reckon I broke even on membership costs with parts and fuel discount but like all clubs what you get out is governed by what you put in.  I have made some friends.  Attended a few event that’s I wouldn’t have done and read a few  articles in the magazine that I found interesting. Oh and a free summer health check at local OPC this year.  

worth is a purely personal view but at the price of a tank of fuel a year for me - yeah, worth it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Made some car friends through PCGB and like to attend some static meets.

oggle cars I can't afford and indulge my passion for photography at the same time.

For me yes worth it.

• Like 2

Been a member since 2004. Had its ups and downs but have made loads of friends and been on some fantastic events, drives, holidays etc with them which I wouldn't otherwise have contemplated. Met and chatted with luminaries like Walter Rohrl, John Fitzpatrick, Richard Attwood etc. The so-called "factory tours" organised by PCGB HQ are pretty amazing, with access to all sorts of Porsche and non-Porsche people and places that aren't generally accessible, with lots of driving including the range of current Porsche models on its Leipzig track. Much more to PCGB than a magazine and discount off parts, but not everyone wants the same and as PaulP said, you get out what you put in.    

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Is it £90 a year now for PCGB, wow! I used to be a member years ago and had some great times with the club but I recently joined TIPEC (£60 for 2 years) and found most of the PCGB clan are now TIPEC members. Chat and events are via Facebook groups for your region and people are quite active on there organising meets and drive outs.

• Like 1