porsche most unreliable car brand

alank

1 hour ago, alank said:

In the Mail today, Warranty wise has said Porsche is most unreliable car brand according to their data.  😲

Such an awful newspaper. It has the most jaundiced view of the world. What can such people know about cars?

• Like 1

Probably down to the average age of the cars that people are getting warranties on. I can imagine many people buying 20 year old Porsches and thinking a Warranty Wise policy will protect them from the costs of a poorly maintained car. I wonder if the figures are based on claims made or actually paid out? There might be a bit of a delta there🤣

• Haha 1

Could also be related to the member on here who will no longer sell his radio decals on ebay due to the number of thieving robbing lying Kents who drive Porsches.

Maybe the same thieving robbing lying Kents continually create claims to 'get their money back'. 

This is after market warranty claims not manufacturer warranty, big difference.  As noted above a higher value premium brand is more likely to have an after market warranty on it as the maths adds up to insure against a big bill that would write off a low value vehicle.  I've not read it but seems it could be either lazy journalism or deliberately skewed journalism to make a headline.

On 12/8/2022 at 4:25 PM, JonSta said:

I still can't get past the fact that anyone reads the mail. Apart from the express it's the most unreliable paper out there according to surveys.

How dare you!  Who else will tell us of the impending arctic blast and keep the memory of Princess Diana at the fore? :D

• Haha 1

Thought Tycan was a disaster ? 
Macan 3.0;petrol  has oil leaks from the chain tensioner cover .They all eventually go .

The centre diff in Macan until recently was made of chocolate .

Then the bigger pre 9A1 ( 2009 ) bore scoring + IMS woes .Those s two are all over the internet and I reckon the fear factor generates a disproportionate number number of pre 9A1 flat 6 owners stampeding to warranty wise .

Even though the incidence of the two biggies is negligible it means there are loadsa policies written out there .= a higher incidence of claims for 15-20 yr old gen car bread + butter stuff .

The mail might be rubbish but you have to drill deeper behind the headlines .

Arguably if there own ( Porsche ) warranty did not have such a long reach …..the time up to 15 yrs , the propensity of stock retained in the dealer network, ie greater than say Ford , the “ free “ 2 yrs add on for used approved etc …..then more cars would be dumped into warranty wise .= make those numbers worse.

Finally when we say Porsche don’t we really mean a dressed up badged different Audi / or other VAG .Not just components but running platforms.

1 hour ago, JonSta said:

Fair point well made. How is the Diana conspiracy going?

:D
See the Monoporsche post from page 50 of funny/stupid things...