Performing Seals

McDonald

2 minutes ago, McDonald said:

I will go back & ask the question again in March when I take off the hard-top or maybe phone & discuss.

Yeah maybe drive it upto the parts dept , before taking the hardtop off and physically point at the required bits...🙃

Edited by iborguk
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, McDonald said:

I will go back & ask the question again in March when I take off the hard-top or maybe phone & discuss.

They will be looking at exactly the same parts drawing an listing as @iborguk has posted or that is in the pdf from the download location I gave.

Edited by ½cwt
  • Like 1

I had some problems with my hard top leaking. I stripped all the seal off the hard top and fiddled with it a bit and refitted it all. I think this improved it as it was not quite sitting properly before and looks better after. I am not 100% certain it is all sealed now as I still have some moisture in the car. But there is definitely less now. Lots of pics in my car's blog here.

11 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

On a different board Gummi Pflege is identified as just a silicone lubricant suspended in a carrier oil, so other products eg from plumbing supplies would do as well for a third of the price.  I'm aware a pot is not exactly expensive considering how long it lasts.

Mine isn’t going to last as long as I’d hoped as I did did my R53 mini after the Cayman the other day, caught the end of the bottle and ripped the sponge bit off,and well  over half of it poured out before I realised 😂