Classic register.

Paul P

Porsche Edinburgh must know the 987 has been added as I’ve received this invitation for tomorrow:

We are delighted to invite you to an exclusive Porsche Classic coffee morning, here at Porsche Centre Edinburgh on Saturday the 18th of February, from 10:00am to 12:00pm.

This wonderful date on our social calendar welcomes you and your Porsche in a familiar setting to chat with other Porsche enthusiasts while enjoying complimentary refreshments of coffee, tea and breakfast rolls.

Our Porsche Pro and Sales team will be on hand throughout the morning to answer any questions you may have about your Porsche Classic model. The Parts team and a dedicated Service Advisor will also be available to assist with anything from booking a service and searching for specific parts to finding you that perfect Porsche Classic accessory.

2 hours ago, 944GS said:

Porsche Edinburgh must know the 987 has been added as I’ve received this invitation for tomorrow:

We are delighted to invite you to an exclusive Porsche Classic coffee morning, here at Porsche Centre Edinburgh on Saturday the 18th of February, from 10:00am to 12:00pm.

This wonderful date on our social calendar welcomes you and your Porsche in a familiar setting to chat with other Porsche enthusiasts while enjoying complimentary refreshments of coffee, tea and breakfast rolls.

Our Porsche Pro and Sales team will be on hand throughout the morning to answer any questions you may have about your Porsche Classic model. The Parts team and a dedicated Service Advisor will also be available to assist with anything from booking a service and searching for specific parts to finding you that perfect Porsche Classic accessory.

Perhaps forward this to JCT600 at Leeds OPC....

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, ½cwt said:

Perhaps forward this to JCT600 at Leeds OPC....

Shame them into it. 

So a old car club friend of mine is a senior sales guy at Silverstone OPC where you were contacted by before. 

He's passed my email address onto the relevant person there to get in touch with me. 👍

Hopefully will have better luck this time.

• Like 1

I was reading on the Porsche Club GB site that there is a meet at Leeds OPC coming up on 1st April (honest) and in the write up it says chance to register your 987 & 997 on the classic register. 

Looks like it’s a PCGB event only so need to be a member. 

• 1 month later...

Yet to see anything on mine and most likely number plate surrounds will stay in whatever packaging they arrive in but have already got 150 quid off my service quote so good result for the minimal effort I put in. 

• 2 months later...
12 minutes ago, Paul P said:

Mine came a month ago - registered feb.  Nice box.  Precious little in it.  

Haven’t seen the “originale” magazine that some of my 997 mates have received.  

Took several months before my first Originale arrived.  It is annual so it may be that you may not get it until next year's issue as one has only just come out for this year.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, BBB said:

I just received my copy of “christophorus”, but still no welcome pack. 

When the welcome pack arrives, you'll wonder why you bothered. "Precious little" overstates it. I'm still waiting for the number plate surround but not holding my breath.

I thought you had to collect the number plate surrounds from your nominated OPC. ?

so far I have had the welcome pack and about 160 quid off the price of a service so all good as far as I am concerned.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, McDonald said:

When the welcome pack arrives, you'll wonder why you bothered. "Precious little" overstates it. I'm still waiting for the number plate surround but not holding my breath.

Earth shattering it ain't, but unlike many things in this world is is free and a big corporate actually doing something to reflect its history.  And yes, you have to collect the number plate holders from your registered OPC.  I actually got mine fitted by ordering a set of new plates (not an exorbitant price with fitting included) at the same time.

• Like 3

I've got a 4x4 sized rear number plate, so the surrounds dont even fit.
I was actually considering getting the 981 front mount to take away the overhang and give it a cleaner look, so I don't think I'll use the front one either.

Mine were sent though the post fwiw.

8 minutes ago, eob said:

I've got a 4x4 sized rear number plate, so the surrounds dont even fit.
I was actually considering getting the 981 front mount to take away the overhang and give it a cleaner look, so I don't think I'll use the front one either.

Mine were sent though the post fwiw.

You can't really criticise Porsche for that, as it is you choice to have non standard plates...

1 hour ago, ½cwt said:

Earth shattering it ain't, but unlike many things in this world is is free and a big corporate actually doing something to reflect its history.  And yes, you have to collect the number plate holders from your registered OPC.  I actually got mine fitted by ordering a set of new plates (not an exorbitant price with fitting included) at the same time.

I accept that it's a freebie & beautifully packaged. It felt like apple packaging without a phone enclosed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, ½cwt said:

You can't really criticise Porsche for that, as it is you choice to have non standard plates...

Not a critisim at all. Thats just the plates that were on the car.
So far, I've been really impressed with all I've received from the classic register, and I benfitted from the discount too.

I dropped by Porsche Portsmouth today and collected my classic number plate holders. I was actually there to buy a replacement boot strut as mine keeps dropping. Happily accepted the discount and gazed at the big boys toys.😀

6 minutes ago, McDonald said:

I dropped by Porsche Portsmouth today and collected my classic number plate holders. I was actually there to buy a replacement boot strut as mine keeps dropping. Happily accepted the discount and gazed at the big boys toys.😀

Should have looked up Stabilus struts on line.  They are the OE supplier and are about £15 - £20 each.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ½cwt said:

Should have looked up Stabilus struts on line.  They are the OE supplier and are about £15 - £20 each.

I used Stabilus on the bonnet and they're fine. But by buying a Porsche one, I was able to collect my 'free' classic number plate surround. After Classic discount, it cost £30 - no big deal - & I got to gaze at some Pork.

• 1 month later...

Went to OPC last week to register mine. Filled out a form at the desk and was told there was a backlog so expect something in 3 months. Got an email confirmation within hours. So according to your experience I should expect something in the new year!