Classic register.

Paul P

24 minutes ago, Paul P said:

So it seems 9x7 cars are now on the classic register.  And according to the website that appears to include Gen 2 cars.  

https://www.porsche.com/uk/accessoriesandservice/classic/models/

Just looked at the T's & C's for registering and there's no mention of the 987.

1 hour ago, red rocket said:

Maybe call your local opc. perhaps the verbiage in the terms and conditions hadn’t been updated.  

the cars are listed and I have seen some opc ‘s “announcing” it.  

https://www.porsche.com/uk/accessoriesandservice/classic/models/987b/987-boxsters/

also had a notice from PCGB register about it - just that didn’t say gen 2. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McDonald said:

It sounds like a good thing. What are the benefits of 9x7 appearing on the register? Are we just talking about small freebie entitlement?

The website suggests a few free car washes. Some Number plate surrounds and a discount on parts fitted at opc. 

don’t think it’s earth shattering but doesn’t cost anything as far as I know.  

1 hour ago, Paul P said:

The website suggests a few free car washes. Some Number plate surrounds and a discount on parts fitted at opc. 

You also get a book type magazine from time to time.  But no, not earth shattering however it is free and you can't say that about Porsche very often.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul P said:

16 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

You also get a book type magazine from time to time.  But no, not earth shattering however it is free and you can't say that about Porsche very often.

Porsche bestowing classic status definitely feels good. I don't think car insurers will take note (25 yrs?).

Freebies are always nice.

9 hours ago, red rocket said:

I had those T&Cs in my downloads from ages ago, looks like its the same file so hopefully just not been updated yet. I have emailed Reading and asked what is the status and if I can come by with v5 if it is now on the register. Quite sad but I have been quite looking forward to claiming 'classic' status ☺️

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

I think they did it by model designation. If the 987 ended in 2012, that explains why it is valid for .1 and .2. 

I hope that's the case - certainly seems to read that way on the website - they dont differentiate between .1 and .2 in the blurb - just quote the "run dates" in the headlines

Edited by Paul P

2 minutes ago, fizz said:

Leeds OPC dont give two hoots about it... ive rang and spoken to someone 3 times about it and never gets done... been over a year. 

Shame - response I got from my OPC  was - "let me check eligibility and I will call you back if its not eligible, or send the paperwork to you if it is....." - of course, proof is in either of those happening but so far so good....

Just now, Paul P said:

Shame - response I got from my OPC  was - "let me check eligibility and I will call you back if its not eligible, or send the paperwork to you if it is....." - of course, proof is in either of those happening but so far so good....

Ohh it's cool, i realise im just a 986 owner and their revenue wont be raised by spending time with me and my old car. :) 

1 hour ago, JonSta said:

Read somewhere that the cut off is 15 years. So 05 cars are eligible if that's true. Don't see why an 05 is and an 06 isn't....

1 hour ago, Menoporsche said:

I think they did it by model designation. If the 987 ended in 2012, that explains why it is valid for .1 and .2. 

Sorry - that explains if it is for 10 year cut-off, not 15.

1 hour ago, fizz said:

Ohh it's cool, i realise im just a 986 owner and their revenue wont be raised by spending time with me and my old car. :) 

Silverstone Porsche contacted me to get my 986 registered after I started buying a few parts from them....

Just now, fizz said:

bought £200 worth of parts off em in the last 2 weeks alone 😛 

Get on their case then.  I dealt with the Service Manager at Silverstone.

• Like 1

Just had a call back from OPC.  They started the process for me and got a notification that it’s only gen 1 cars that are eligible.  

they acknowledged that the website suggests otherwise and said they were told it’s being sorted out - seems  that collectively Porsche were a little under prepped. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Codfanglers said:

Could anyone ever be bothered with the hassle of arranging a free car wash under this scheme.

I don't want them touching my car but am keen on the little extras like magazine, oil, etc. Also the classic card with vin number on it in little box will look good put alongside all my service history too.

23 minutes ago, Codfanglers said:

Could anyone ever be bothered with the hassle of arranging a free car wash under this scheme.

Me! It's an excursion to their showrooms to gaze at all the wonders I can't afford - & I leave with a clean car. Lovely jaunt.

23 minutes ago, McDonald said:

Me! It's an excursion to their showrooms to gaze at all the wonders I can't afford - & I leave with a clean car. Lovely jaunt.

Do you go to Mid-sussex?   I like it there, they are really nice and let my kids sit in the cars while I tell the salesman how poor I am.

• Like 1