Classic register.

Paul P

1 hour ago, Daboy3000 said:

Do you go to Mid-sussex?   I like it there, they are really nice and let my kids sit in the cars while I tell the salesman how poor I am.

I go to Portsmouth. They're very welcoming, they don't seem to look down their noses at my elderly (now classic) Boxster. Coffee is okay too. Of course, it's jam-packed with highly desirable toys.

Had an e mail from PCGB this pm confirming 987's and 997's are now 'Classic'; no mention of gen 1 or 2. Also invited to a zoom presentation of the benefits and a series of breakfast meets at OPC's around the country - will probably head over to the one in Bournemouth in May.

2 hours ago, thestig84 said:

I don't want them touching my car but am keen on the little extras like magazine, oil, etc. Also the classic card with vin number on it in little box will look good put alongside all my service history too.

I thought you still had to pay for a service to get a 'free' litre of oil.

Fwiw my opc were talking about 10% on parts and 15% on labour for my service if mine had qualified.  Given mine is going in for its big 12 year service (both lots of PDK fluid belt air filter etc ) that would have been nice along with a the top up but hey.  Pay to play etc.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, red rocket said:

Had an e mail from PCGB this pm confirming 987's and 997's are now 'Classic'; no mention of gen 1 or 2. Also invited to a zoom presentation of the benefits and a series of breakfast meets at OPC's around the country - will probably head over to the one in Bournemouth in May.

PCGB have invited me to a virtual meet re: Classic status. I'm signed up.

Musical chairs - seems my local OPC were wrong and all 9x7 cars are eligible - so processing membership for my car - and they are revising my quote for my upcoming service based on any discounts they can apply.

FWIW - they said the process is "send me a form to fill in and sign and return it with a copy of pages 1&2 of the V5" - reason for the v5 thing is its only available for privately owned cars

• 3 weeks later...

I just joined the Classic Porsche register, I couldn't resist a jaunt on a sunny Monday. Porsche Portsmouth has so many gleaming toys & the coffee isn't bad either. A very simple form to complete & they photocopied my V5 & driving licence. I was given a posh book called, 'Originale.' Not especially interesting but lavishly produced.

Endless bounty will be bestowed on me & my car in due course.

• Like 2

Local OPC have taken 150 quid off my quoted service price based on Classic status for the car - realise not everyone uses OPC for servicing, but if you do then it's worth asking ( seems to be OPC discount rather than a blanket one - but they offered so I am not arguing).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, eob said:

Has anyone received their number plate frames?
Mines came today but it seems they need a key to open them? 🤔

I've not received mine yet. Is the key actually set into the mould already as in 2nd example in the video?

On 1/23/2023 at 1:53 PM, fizz said:

Leeds OPC dont give two hoots about it... ive rang and spoken to someone 3 times about it and never gets done... been over a year. 

So on a Yorkshire porche owners group I'm on, a number of people are having the same issue with Leeds OPC apparently. 

Looks like they aren't too keen on the admin for the register. 

Some have been in with the car and V5, others over the phone and email etc. 

2 hours ago, fizz said:

So on a Yorkshire porche owners group I'm on, a number of people are having the same issue with Leeds OPC apparently. 

So if they won't register your car, they don't have to give their services that go with it being registered. Which group is Leeds OPC part of?

3 hours ago, fizz said:

I have the email address of the person at Porsche GB who runs the scheme (at least I was told he looks after the 987 part) - maybe he could “explain” to Leeds opc about how it is supposed to work 

happy to share if you ping me a direct message.  

1 hour ago, Paul P said:

I have the email address of the person at Porsche GB who runs the scheme (at least I was told he looks after the 987 part) - maybe he could “explain” to Leeds opc about how it is supposed to work 

happy to share if you ping me a direct message.  

Roughly what I was thinking. I somehow, cynically, think if you turned up in a 997.1 Turbo, you might have fewer challenges registering it, if you also had a 991 or macan GTS as well .. 🤔

By contrast Silverstone Porsche contacted me after I bought a few parts and had a new key head coded by them.

Reading Porsche (Matthew) was excellent.  Hopefully the kit should be getting close to arriving. On the email arranged visit, I felt in no way a second class owner just because I have a 987. I had a little tour, offered coffee and even got little pink pig classic key ring. 

Very impressed and I am not really a dealer person

• Like 1