Brake discs and pads

bandit_287

8 hours ago, andygo said:

I dont think I have ever got down to the wear sensors as I always tend to keep an eye on my pads and if Im doing a track day always pop new pads in regardless. Most of the time the pads I tend to use dont have cutouts for wear sensors anyway.

(Apologies for the holier than thou tone, not meant to be!)

Me neither but constantly hard braking on track made it a first for me and there really was bugger all left on them!!

Given Porsche no longer inspects the car via the 200 point check for warranty renewal it surely makes no sense to pay full Porsche prices.  Worse that can happen is that a brake related warranty claim wouldn’t be honoured, but I don’t know of any likely brake issue that might be covered by warranty.  

I've just ordered front & rear discs and pads for my 986S.

Mintex front discs, Pagid rear discs, Textar pads front & rear.

£187 delivered for the lot, from a combination of eBay, Halfords & tradevehicleparts.co.uk.

Cheers, Baggers.

1 hour ago, GTSMarky said:

Me neither but constantly hard braking on track made it a first for me and there really was bugger all left on them!!

There are some big stops at Combe, Tower is one you deffo don't want to run out of brakes on, not a lot of run off...

• Like 1

Yes but make sure you understand the terms - had this on mine as it came “free” with the agreed value policy - but the excess was 10%!

Most regular policies now seem to exclude track days as there have been one or two big claims in recent years and brokers are pretty wary.

1 hour ago, Carmand said:

Yes but make sure you understand the terms - had this on mine as it came “free” with the agreed value policy - but the excess was 10%!

Most regular policies now seem to exclude track days as there have been one or two big claims in recent years and brokers are pretty wary.

You may even find a cap in place too.

4 hours ago, GTSMarky said:

Worth looking at the official  Porsche Owners club & going on their excellent track days - that's what I did.

I'm straying from the OP topic but for anyone interested they're listed at https://www.porscheclubgb.com/shop/tickets/all-track-days. Some are sold out