Thinking about selling my 987.1 3.4s 2007

Arl30

5 hours ago, Arl30 said:

I also have carried on to find out now that the car is basically a ticking time bomb . 

So my question is do I tell the next owner that it is not worth buying as it is about to implode or lie and ask for 20k getting ready to flee the country the next day ? 

Eh ? 

2 hours ago, bakalos said:

Which models suffer from bore scoring ?

Fairy rare, but the 3.4 987 and the 3.6 997 versions of the M97 engine.  It is possibly down to not letting them warm up properly before running them hard, creating a hot spot in the thinner block walls as they are quite bored out for the block size.  A lower temp thermostat, or just some mechanical sensitivity are good precautions. 

• Like 1

Also it appears to have effected Caymans more.

If you look, all models and variants can suffer with this.

I definitely know mine doesn’t, as the inside of the tail pipes have rusted up, due to lack of use during my recent projects, no oil coating them !!!!!! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bally4563 said:

Also it appears to have effected Caymans more.

If you look, all models and variants can suffer with this.

I definitely know mine doesn’t, as the inside of the tail pipes have rusted up, due to lack of use during my recent projects, no oil coating them !!!!!! 

it effects Caymans more as there were way more Caymans with that engine as it was fitted from launch.

It seems to be pretty rare but it is a factor

• Like 1