981 GTS value thoughts....

M12MTR

All my opinion.

Assuming pdk, £45-47k private. Motorway suggesting 44k for the seller so anything more is a bonus.

Value dependant on an condition of paint, service requirements, the tyres, brakes, and any faults like seized PSE valves.

I expect values to drop from in the near term.

13 minutes ago, M12MTR said:

Cheers for your thoughts. It's manual.... does this adjust up or down?

Slightly less maybe but not a significant difference since they are rarer, they might hang around a bit longer, but if you especially wanted a manual I'd suggest waiting a little longer for the Spyder, prices are definitely softening.

(Await the roof comments - a very small price to pay for the engine and styling).

Thanks Daz.

There's one for sale but way too much IMO (£8.5k more than you higher private sale figure). I figured a fair price of £45 to 48 tops (if no maintenance required, discs, tyres etc). Due to this I haven't offered my 'low' offer.

And without any form of warranty / even remaining OPC so I could extend. 

Thinking the seller isn't in a rush, doesn't actually want or need to sell or chancing a sale.

38 minutes ago, M12MTR said:

Thanks Daz.

There's one for sale but way too much IMO (£8.5k more than you higher private sale figure). I figured a fair price of £45 to 48 tops (if no maintenance required, discs, tyres etc). Due to this I haven't offered my 'low' offer.

And without any form of warranty / even remaining OPC so I could extend. 

Thinking the seller isn't in a rush, doesn't actually want or need to sell or chancing a sale.

The collecting cars one, yes it's a good spec but it's encroaching Spyder territory which is more deserving of such a premium. .

It's been well discussed, most people in agreement that it's overpriced. It made £47k on collecting cars which was a very good offer, especially considering the fees they take. 

8 minutes ago, daz05 said:

The collecting cars one, yes it's a good spec but it's encroaching Spyder territory which is more deserving of such a premium. .

It's been well discussed, most people in agreement that it's overpriced. It made £47k on collecting cars which was a very good offer, especially considering the fees they take. 

What / where is collecting cars? Have you a link?

Edited by M12MTR

7 minutes ago, daz05 said:

It was £50k after fees, 

other forums noted it was listed quite quickly on a car sale site for circa £55k private sale, the tyres on it were quite old so all 4 would need to have been changed for an OPC warranty plus any other OPC requirements, i reckon  it would have been near £60k to get it all sorted and in the OPC warranty!!!

At that price I’d be offering I’d be putting to it and considering this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325708486418?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=iwqKB6pnTxS&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=nQ4vB0cgSFm&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Practically brand new 4.0 for not a lot more 

Edited by r1flyguy

5 minutes ago, daz05 said:

Yeah that's it. 

So the consensus was tops circa £47k?

But it reached £50k and reserve not met? Then I'm out. Won't contact him again.

For ref I let a GT Silver one go, same spec minus PTV, but only 9k miles, last year for £49,995.

2 minutes ago, M12MTR said:

Have you the Pistonheads link please?

Here’s one…

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&t=1999448

see top of page 17

Edited by r1flyguy
  • Thanks 1

The best offer on the car was £47.2k, the fees go to collecting cars so not relevant. You could go to £48k if everything checks out, but remember a seized exhaust valve could end up costing you the best part of £2k

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, daz05 said:

The best offer on the car was £47.2k, the fees go to collecting cars so not relevant. You could go to £48k if everything checks out, but remember a seized exhaust valve could end up costing you the best part of £2k

Everything is relevant when it comes to spending your hard earned 😉

15 minutes ago, daz05 said:

For reference I can't share it but another pdk car in carmine just popped up on one of the Facebook groups in Wales, 24k and asking price of £48k with a 2 yr OPC warranty.

Yes saw it just, tan interior? Looks like the right price, if only manual. Needing new discs mind.

Cheers though.

This has been for sale for a few weeks… was on the classified thread I’m sure…

Advert says 1 owner - colour combo (carmine + tan) not for everyone … and needs a good scrub…. And a bit miley … but a manual GTS with OPC history and warranty to 2025… wonder what they actually want for it price wise…. 36?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202305087131564

4 hours ago, Andy Mac said:

This has been for sale for a few weeks… was on the classified thread I’m sure…

Advert says 1 owner - colour combo (carmine + tan) not for everyone … and needs a good scrub…. And a bit miley … but a manual GTS with OPC history and warranty to 2025… wonder what they actually want for it price wise…. 36?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202305087131564

Anyone close to Brighton to see in the flesh? To me there seems to be a rabbit off. Can't put my finger on it.

• Like 1