981 GTS value thoughts....

M12MTR

Just now, moonshine said:

£82k with >10k miles only it  😱😂

Makes a £50-£60k 8+ year old 981 GTS look very overpriced 

2 hours ago, r1flyguy said:

£80k is a smidge more than I wanted to pay lol.

There's a brand new (200 miles?)  GTS in Guards Red at Teeside OPC for £84k. Exactly my cup of tea but still too much.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Menoporsche said:

Isn’t that around list?

So you think paying £50-£60k for 8 year 981 is better 🤣 at least you can hope for minimal depreciation 😁

1 hour ago, Menoporsche said:

Isn’t that around list?

Mind you there is a recent GT4RS added to Solihul OPC’s website up at £250k!!! Ouch! Didn’t realise the ‘Weissach’ pack added £50k on compared to the other one they have for sale at £199,995!

I digress 🫣

Perhaps its obvious to say but I've said it before and will say it again, in terms of overall value, smiles per mile you won't beat a well spec'd and looked after 981 S, sitting somewhere in the £30-£35k range.

Even against the very lovely 718 4.0l, you don't miss out on £50k extra worth of improvement and even if depreciation hits hard you won't lose your shirt. 

• Like 5

Interesting read this thread.

I've a 981 BGTS with PDK and was sort of contemplating selling, but can't quite bring myself to lose the Porsche out of my life.

If you are set on a 981 and manual then for sure go Spyder or GT4.  The PDK is an engineering marvel which for me I prefer & having driven manual 981 cars the super long gears would annoy me almost as much as the heavy clutch.  I totally get the manual input as a biker who refuses DCT transmission as hypocritical as that my sound.

If you have the funds just go get a 4.0 718 GTS which just has to be the sweet spot I reckon.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, daz05 said:

Perhaps its obvious to say but I've said it before and will say it again, in terms of overall value, smiles per mile you won't beat a well spec'd and looked after 981 S, sitting somewhere in the £30-£35k range.

Even against the very lovely 718 4.0l, you don't miss out on £50k extra worth of improvement and even if depreciation hits hard you won't lose your shirt. 

That is why I bought @JurassicBGTS lovely 🔴 981S 👍❤️

• Like 2

13 hours ago, GTSMarky said:

Interesting read this thread.

I've a 981 BGTS with PDK and was sort of contemplating selling, but can't quite bring myself to lose the Porsche out of my life.

If you are set on a 981 and manual then for sure go Spyder or GT4.  The PDK is an engineering marvel which for me I prefer & having driven manual 981 cars the super long gears would annoy me almost as much as the heavy clutch.  I totally get the manual input as a biker who refuses DCT transmission as hypocritical as that my sound.

If you have the funds just go get a 4.0 718 GTS which just has to be the sweet spot I reckon.

It really is the ultimate sweet spot if you are lucky enough to have the cash lying around. However as @Daz has said probably the best value car that gives the best value for money is a mint/fully specced 981S. 97% of a 981GTS for 65% of the cost. Also if you don't want Alcantara you are probably better going for a full fat S👍

Some very nice ones around @moonshine for instance😁

Edited by JurassicBGTS
  • Like 2

There are at least 15 for sale on autotrader alone for you to base you assessment on the entire market.

I do like what the OPC is doing as an owner but someone will get burnt. Perhaps in the same way as what happened with the owner of the red one we were discussing, overpaid and now has to face the music.

The Cayman GTS seems to be priced below which is an oddity. (Although it's logical to me 🤣🤣🤣)

Edited by daz05

5 hours ago, daz05 said:

There are at least 15 for sale on autotrader alone for you to base you assessment on the entire market.

I do like what the OPC is doing as an owner but someone will get burnt. Perhaps in the same way as what happened with the owner of the red one we were discussing, overpaid and now has to face the music.

The Cayman GTS seems to be priced below which is an oddity. (Although it's logical to me 🤣🤣🤣)

I'd swap for a similar spec Cayman to my BGTS!!

5 hours ago, daz05 said:

PDK though.

I'm after manual. Limited numbers.

9 minutes ago, M12MTR said:

I'm after manual. Limited numbers.

Rarity leads to higher prices. Only 2 manual GTS's on Autotrader at the mo, one non OPC at 55k and that one at 62k so both close'ish in price considering an OPC markup

On 7/26/2023 at 4:52 PM, Andy Mac said:

This has been for sale for a few weeks… was on the classified thread I’m sure…

Advert says 1 owner - colour combo (carmine + tan) not for everyone … and needs a good scrub…. And a bit miley … but a manual GTS with OPC history and warranty to 2025… wonder what they actually want for it price wise…. 36?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202305087131564

Still think this would be good fun for the money (any stories / rabbits aside) 😄

13 hours ago, CMA said:

Rarity leads to higher prices. Only 2 manual GTS's on Autotrader at the mo, one non OPC at 55k and that one at 62k so both close'ish in price considering an OPC markup

This would push me even more towards a Sypder.

Rare doesn't always mean more desirable, you don't have the typical popular when new but poorer performing alternative scenario with the 981, like for example the F430.  Pdk in the 981 is very like the pdk you will experience in a brand new 718 4.0.

I think you have a situation right now whereby a couple of sellers are trying to take advantage of the situation, punting it later won't be as easy and I can already hear the same sellers inhaling as they offer you a lower trade value because it's a manual.

Grab a Spyder instead, you will appreciate the extra torque in the 3.8 with a manual box since it has longer gearing than a pdk.

• Like 1