981 GTS value thoughts....

M12MTR

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2023 at 4:52 PM, Andy Mac said:

This has been for sale for a few weeks… was on the classified thread I’m sure…

Advert says 1 owner - colour combo (carmine + tan) not for everyone … and needs a good scrub…. And a bit miley … but a manual GTS with OPC history and warranty to 2025… wonder what they actually want for it price wise…. 36?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202305087131564

Still on AT now 37950… 

17 minutes ago, Andy Mac said:

Still on AT now 37950… 

This is one I made enquiries on, DM me if you were interested.  It wasn't for me personally but I was seriously considering the possibility at one point.

22 minutes ago, Andy Mac said:

Still on AT now 37950… 

Given @Andy Mac post & the fact it’s been for sale for quite a while I’d doubt the owner would turn you down if you walked up with £36k in yer’’and 😁

• Haha 1

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2014-porsche-981-boxster-gts?fbclid=IwAR0y2LWD1oKyyeoJTlLvH3msE-UVToFcSxpG6-Nxcn97t9uzpYH6c1RP-hY

I thought that sold on the collecting cars auction site but it has different wheels to the one on Autotrader

Edited by Tony Daniel

25 minutes ago, Tony Daniel said:

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2014-porsche-981-boxster-gts?fbclid=IwAR0y2LWD1oKyyeoJTlLvH3msE-UVToFcSxpG6-Nxcn97t9uzpYH6c1RP-hY

I thought that sold on the collecting cars auction site but it has different wheels to the one on Autotrader

@Tony Daniel that CC one is PDK with less miles etc. 

@moospeed was just browsing, but thank you. If I fancied a GTS I’d definitely have a view / might be a cheap way into one with warranty. 

50 minutes ago, Tony Daniel said:

Don't forget the hefty buyer's fee 😒

22 minutes ago, Andy Mac said:

@Tony Daniel that CC one is PDK with less miles etc. 

@moospeed was just browsing, but thank you. If I fancied a GTS I’d definitely have a view / might be a cheap way into one with warranty. 

Ah yes, sorry I wasn't clear.  It was more of a comment to the BoXa massive rather than just you Andy 👍

Essentially though, as may be deduced, it's a little rough around the edges but reflected in that lower price.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Andy Mac said:

Still on AT now 37950… 

To me that interior is vile & personally I couldn't even look at it let alone buy the car.  The steering wheel is horrendous too.

If someone thinks this is buyable, then for sure go for an S as the GTS concept is not for them.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tony Daniel said:

Looks a bit more GTS like, but again and for me that interior is a definite No..

• Like 1

20 hours ago, r1flyguy said:

Given @Andy Mac post & the fact it’s been for sale for quite a while I’d doubt the owner would turn you down if you walked up with £36k in yer’’and 😁

I think you're right too, but £36k for this combination seems very high when a half decent S would trump it.  Unless you have a spare GTS interior to fit...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GTSMarky said:

To me that interior is vile & personally I couldn't even look at it let alone buy the car.  The steering wheel is horrendous too.

If someone thinks this is buyable, then for sure go for an S as the GTS concept is not for them.

The Americans particularly seem to love that interior colour. Personally I think it's horrible.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cozzykim said:

The Americans particularly seem to love that interior colour. Personally I think it's horrible.

It's even worse on a GTS which has the option of a lovely interior & wheel.  Then there is the red trim on the console & silver hoop trim too - it is seriously disgusting & devalues what could be a nice car.  

45 minutes ago, GTSMarky said:

It's even worse on a GTS which has the option of a lovely interior & wheel.  Then there is the red trim on the console & silver hoop trim too - it is seriously disgusting & devalues what could be a nice car.  

In our humble opinions of course. 🤔😂

23 minutes ago, Tony Daniel said:

I have those on my GTS :lamer: 😆

IMG20220305152420

That looks very nice indeed. Think those wheels suit that colour 👍🏻

• Like 2

14 hours ago, GTSMarky said:

I think you're right too, but £36k for this combination seems very high when a half decent S would trump it.  Unless you have a spare GTS interior to fit...

Well essentially that’s what happened with my enquiries. I had a brief notion that it would be a cheap way into a GTS and work on some changes to “make it my own”, but when I worked out how much I’d need to spend to bring it up to scratch it just didn’t make sense. I ended up with a nearly-new S with nicer options for the same ballpark figure and nothing essential to do. I’m happy with the decision I made.

• Like 1