981 GTS value thoughts....

M12MTR

For a quick wipe over, a damp microfiber towel heated in the microwave brings hand lard off the steering wheel but won't shift jean dye off your seats.

In my experience, the Glipsons cleaning stuff smells nice and leathery but it takes a lot of work to do a second rate job on light coloured leather. If you use Glipsons sealant, muck sticks to it like **** to a blanket and it looks grubby in no time.

Lovely looking interior BTW the black dash, door cappings and steering wheel set the light leather off nicely.

• Thanks 1

On 7/26/2023 at 4:52 PM, Andy Mac said:

This has been for sale for a few weeks… was on the classified thread I’m sure…

Advert says 1 owner - colour combo (carmine + tan) not for everyone … and needs a good scrub…. And a bit miley … but a manual GTS with OPC history and warranty to 2025… wonder what they actually want for it price wise…. 36?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202305087131564

BoXa’s favourite Colour / Wheel combo / Manual GTS that started near on 39 is now at £36250…. 

23 hours ago, Andy Mac said:

BoXa’s favourite Colour / Wheel combo / Manual GTS that started near on 39 is now at £36250…. 

Given the price drops, I get the feeling that we have a motivated seller here.

@moospeed, if you don't mind me asking, did you view it and was it just in generally poor condition?  If you did visit, I don't suppose you got any pictures of the areas of concern?  I'm presuming the mechanicals must be pretty strong given that it was warranted by Porsche earlier in the year.  Whilst the colour scheme would not be my first choice, it's a manual GTS with lots of little buttons either side of the stick so it's got me thinking!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gee said:

Given the price drops, I get the feeling that we have a motivated seller here.

@moospeed, if you don't mind me asking, did you view it and was it just in generally poor condition?  If you did visit, I don't suppose you got any pictures of the areas of concern?  I'm presuming the mechanicals must be pretty strong given that it was warranted by Porsche earlier in the year.  Whilst the colour scheme would not be my first choice, it's a manual GTS with lots of little buttons either side of the stick so it's got me thinking!

I shared emails back and forth, and had intended to see it if none of my first weekend's viewings of other cars worked out but I stopped at the 2nd car I saw.  I'd have been buying it as a "fixer upper", that much I already knew from the start.

This is short summary of an extended conversation...

The owner is the MD of Experience Days but he assured me this car wasn't used on any of their driving events.  It's been his daily driver, serviced and MOT'd at the same OPC throughout.  He advised the driver's seat bolster is worn and also the centre console trim is damaged which he suspected might be from having a TV in it during a house move.

If you're not close by then I'd suggest getting in touch for some more pictures, we had issues with Autotrader unable to pass on images so would be best to call and get an email address.

I had mentioned that the photos were really low resolution and they're pretty awful in my opinion, at least one was from years back (scroll down here https://www.quora.com/What-are-peoples-reaction-to-a-supercar-on-a-public-road ) so it would be worth getting some up to date pics.

This isn't too bad, missing 2021 but greens is always a welcome sign https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/results?registration=R33+YNG&checkRecalls=true

You never know, you may be pleasantly surprised 😎

• Like 1

I really fancy a 781 4.0 GTS, but the price differential from my 2016 Cayman GTS puts me off. She is a lovely car, and still looks great.

Man maths makes it seems like a good plan. I've told my wife she had to go, and whulst it seemed a good idea, she quickly pointed out that I'd have to do my own laundry and cooking etc. The laundry and cooking wasn't sooo bad, but the etc would be a bridge too far, so looks like i'll be keeping her. And the car.

*Sorry if i have offended anyonw with that, but I'm old school.  :)

Edited by andygo
  • Haha 3

Don’t worry @cozzykim it just confirms the value of a shonky high miler GTS.  If any buyer thinks “ooh that now means that the top price for any S must be £30k” then they’re as delusional as private sellers with higher prices than dealers.

Each car has it’s own individual price and value, which aren’t often the same number.

For reference the S I bought last month was higher than this GTS when I was making enquiries. I still think I made the right choice for me.

11 hours ago, moospeed said:

. I still think I made the right choice for me.

And this is all that matters, nothing more 👍🏻

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cozzykim said:

I've just bought a 3.5 V6 (slush auto) petrol Mercedes Viano camper, so I'm dubious that any of my choices are rational at all. 😄

Dubious, maybe, personal, definitely, correct life choice …… debatable 🤣