981 GTS value thoughts....

M12MTR

8 hours ago, moospeed said:

Well essentially that’s what happened with my enquiries. I had a brief notion that it would be a cheap way into a GTS and work on some changes to “make it my own”, but when I worked out how much I’d need to spend to bring it up to scratch it just didn’t make sense. I ended up with a nearly-new S with nicer options for the same ballpark figure and nothing essential to do. I’m happy with the decision I made.

Sounds to me like a good result then.  

• Like 1

On 7/27/2023 at 12:09 PM, r1flyguy said:

2023-08-11095121.jpg

If these figures are accurate then it seems quite a significant drop in not too long a time, bearing in mind that some dealers are holding onto cars which have been kicking around since April and possibly sooner.  Perhaps sensing the end of summer and thinking will be stuck with it?

A bit of a giveaway on pricing strategy btw, along with faked pictures on another of their adverts I don't think it shows the dealer in a great light to me personally.  I know nothing about them so they might be excellent for all I know.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, moospeed said:

2023-08-11095121.jpg

If these figures are accurate then it seems quite a significant drop in not too long a time, bearing in mind that some dealers are holding onto cars which have been kicking around since April and possibly sooner.  Perhaps sensing the end of summer and thinking will be stuck with it?

A bit of a giveaway on pricing strategy btw, along with faked pictures on another of their adverts I don't think it shows the dealer in a great light to me personally.  I know nothing about them so they might be excellent for all I know.

At least it looks like a GTS!!  Lovely looking car..

It's also coming up to the point where the dealers have to report number of units sold - to get their allocation of new builds next year 😉

...best time to negotiate is still a few weeks away yet...

1 minute ago, Patt said:

It's also coming up to the point where the dealers have to report number of units sold - to get their allocation of new builds next year 😉

...best time to negotiate is still a few weeks away yet...

In my experience it's usually at the end of the quarter and then maybe a push at end of year too.  I doubt that's the case for indy's of course.

• 2 weeks later...

Manual GTS owner here and absolutely love it, probably my favourite car owned ever and at 18months in no urge to sell it. This is coming  from a serial car changer who rarely keeps cars more than 12-18months.

No issue with the ‘long gearing’ playing between 2nd and 3rd on an English B road is great fun. If I had to use it as a daily I would succumb to PDK but for pure driving pleasure you cannot beat a manual and driving a PDK car on the paddles isn’t the same.

Prices on the GTS do seem to be all over the place, some quite frankly ridiculous £50k+ prices being asked, markets definitely softening but if GTS drop all the other models below will drop too.

I bought mine from an OPC which was the right thing for me to do at the time. if I were buying again now I have a little more knowledge on them I’d be happy to buy from a good independent and expect to pay £42-48k pending spec/mileage.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2023 at 4:52 PM, Andy Mac said:

This has been for sale for a few weeks… was on the classified thread I’m sure…

Advert says 1 owner - colour combo (carmine + tan) not for everyone … and needs a good scrub…. And a bit miley … but a manual GTS with OPC history and warranty to 2025… wonder what they actually want for it price wise…. 36?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202305087131564

£36995 now … Manual - Warranty - 1 owner not enough to offset colour combo and miles it would appear… 

18 minutes ago, alank said:

Agree with colour combo coment, looks like its been made up from several car interiors 😂

Terrible spec/combo - full leather already a marmite choice on GTS, plus it’s hearing aid beige. Red trim pieces is gopping, silver roll over hoops and the worst wheel choice for the GTS.

on top of that the interior looks filthy and unloved/cared for.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Raffe said:

Terrible spec/combo - full leather already a marmite choice on GTS, plus it’s hearing aid beige. Red trim pieces is gopping, silver roll over hoops and the worst wheel choice for the GTS.

With the exception of your wheel comment I agree - it's grim, but folks out there will use this as a gauge for comparison against other GTS cars which is nonsense & best ignored.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Raffe said:

But honestly, what do you really think?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Andy Mac said:

£36995 now … Manual - Warranty - 1 owner not enough to offset colour combo and miles it would appear… 

This is the one I had considered as a project car as noted above.  But the interior is damaged, and some of the photos are several years old, it would've taken too much money to get it how I wanted and I decided that just to have a GTS over an S wasn't worth the extra money and hassle.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Andy Mac said:

That’s the one … £ 36750 now …! 😃 

Combo and wheels aside I might treat myself at Xmas - be around £25k then 😇

Not sure that car would be a treat, even @£25k TBH. :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, iborguk said:

Genuinely interested in recommendations beyond maybe using the Porsche recommended leather cleaner

53038694573_f82cdedc05_b.jpg

I have light grey leather in my S3

Dodo Juice Supernatural Leather Cleaner then Sealant is the best stuff I've used.

Very good cleaner with minimal effort (spray on, use a soft nail brush then wipe off with a damp microfibre towel) and will remove jeans dye stain etc. It will also remove any "dealer touch-up" products though. Sealant is non-sticky and leaves a matt finish. 

Dodo Juice Supernatural Leather Cleaner & Leather Sealant Kit | eBay

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/2/2023 at 8:03 AM, Codfanglers said:

I have light grey leather in my S3

Dodo Juice Supernatural Leather Cleaner then Sealant is the best stuff I've used.

Very good cleaner with minimal effort (spray on, use a soft nail brush then wipe off with a damp microfibre towel) and will remove jeans dye stain etc. It will also remove any "dealer touch-up" products though. Sealant is non-sticky and leaves a matt finish. 

Dodo Juice Supernatural Leather Cleaner & Leather Sealant Kit | eBay

As with most things, you don't need to be aggressive if you do it regularly and keep on top of stains etc.

First advice is; every time you wash the car use the damp drying towel to dust down your seats.  The dirt gets pushed into the leather and weakens/damages it by your body.

When you hoover, make sure you get that crevice tool into all the little nooks and crannies. An old/cheap paint brush can help here. I always use cheap paint brushes with tape around the metal bits as detailing /dusting brushes.

As for cleaners a very mild soap of any kind will do.  Even shaving foam ! For a mild maintenance wash I tend to use any leather cleaner - current one is a Gliptone as it has a good smell too.

For poorly maintained I start moving more toward citrus or alcohol based products 

Process:

Just clean with a soft brush eg tooth brush or nail brush scrub very gently and don't let the sudds dry, but use a different cloth to wipe up after you. I tend to use light coloured cloths or old cotton shirts so I can see when I've finally got no dirt transfer on in the wipe up.

I never use any kind of "sealant/conditioner".  My thoughts are that if they do seal - its a shinny coating that will only magnify the suns damage.  They are usually shinny and slippery, thus also dangerous.  And they are a complete waste of money as most modern leather is coloured by paint and lacquer, not natural leather and die.  Thus they are just a silicone oil with fragrance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1