Information on a car I intend to purchase.

Vince Taylor

Good morning all. 
This is only my second post, so I wanted to check I’m not about to break any rules or upset anyone before I post. 
is it ok for my to publish on the open forum a registration number to see if anyone has any information about it ?? 
Thanks . 

15 minutes ago, Vince Taylor said:

I wanted to check I’m not about to break any rules or upset anyone before I post. 

I do that all the time mate, almost on a daily basis, so it's no big deal around here 😂

Good luck with your search 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vince Taylor said:

Thanks Gents, would a Moderator just confirm this please before I pull the trigger (so to speak) 🤣

If a moderator doesn’t like it, they’ll delete it.

You can do the MOT history check yourself.

• Like 1

No issues - if the number plate is displayed on a website for sale then its in the open domain anyway - fire away.

Big bad @Araf will come along and delete it if he doesn't like it - but he usually has a mid-morning nap between 11am and 2pm, so you are free for now ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Using my reg number in a search on this forum is how I found the previous owner of mine to discover more history, like why the factory had it listed with a black hood but it had a blue hood when I bought the car.  No rules against it, just some prefer not to share their reg for security of cloning risks I imagine.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

No issues - if the number plate is displayed on a website for sale then its in the open domain anyway - fire away.

Big bad @Araf will come along and delete it if he doesn't like it - but he usually has a mid-morning nap between 11am and 2pm, so you are free for now ;)

🤣

Well, for an 11 plate car its had a lot of MOTs, has it had a lot of owners i.e. sold with new MOT each time?  The gap between Nov 2018 and Jan 2022 it did 37,000 miles so I assume it was on a different plate not parked up.

Make sure there is no oil leak from the side of the PDK gearbox as replacement is the only authorised fix unless you find the right ZF service agent.  Otherwise is is 12 years old, so eyes open.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

Well, for an 11 plate car its had a lot of MOTs, has it had a lot of owners i.e. sold with new MOT each time?  The gap between Nov 2018 and Jan 2022 it did 37,000 miles so I assume it was on a different plate not parked up.

Make sure there is no oil leak from the side of the PDK gearbox as replacement is the only authorised fix unless you find the right ZF service agent.  Otherwise is is 12 years old, so eyes open.

I’ve got my indie, on stand-by to do a PDK service with new pan etc. 

you mentioned check for leaks from box, would vehicle need to be on a ramp to do this ? Forgive my lack of knowledge, my first Porsche. 

2 minutes ago, Vince Taylor said:

you mentioned check for leaks from box, would vehicle need to be on a ramp to do this ? Forgive my lack of knowledge, my first Porsche. 

Yes was on a different plate for missing dates, didn’t want to mention this plate because it’s personal to someone. 

1 minute ago, Vince Taylor said:

I believe it is the left side of the box the expensive leak comes from, but these are low cars (sorry, stating the obvious) so you'd need to be able to see underneath some how to see.

16 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

Seen that car on AT i think - looks nice and a decent spec too - if it all checks out ok, good luck! :)

I’m am getting slightly excited now, as I said my first Porsche. 
I’ve had a number of nice cars but never a Porsche. 
This forum is very helpful, people reply quickly which is great. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vince Taylor said:

I’m am getting slightly excited now, as I said my first Porsche. 
I’ve had a number of nice cars but never a Porsche. 
This forum is very helpful, people reply quickly which is great. 

this is one of the better forums i've found and i've had a few cars - lots of helpful people and rarely get the grief you see on Pistonheads etc

20 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

this is one of the better forums i've found and i've had a few cars - lots of helpful people and rarely get the grief you see on Pistonheads etc

+1  ^^

The last one I was on like this was IWOC back in my Impreza days.  Helpful and a bit of banter.

6 hours ago, Vince Taylor said:

Thanks Gents, would a Moderator just confirm this please before I pull the trigger (so to speak) 🤣

To paraphrase Jay-Z - I've got 99 problems and your post ain't one.

Truth be told, @John K is 98 of them. ;)

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Araf said:

To paraphrase Jay-Z - I've got 99 problems and your post ain't one.

Truth be told, @John K is 98 of them. ;)

Wow, who the heck is the other one if he's not all 99?  🤔 Or is that a bit close to home?