Cheap exhaust system for a 986S.

phazed

And facelift is different to pre-facelift which have a welded on tip. Other than that I'm sure the 2.7 and 3.2 box are the same. 

Does anyone have any experience with these cats.? They seem reasonably priced.

https://www.onlineautomotive.co.uk/car-parts/Porsche/Boxster/3.2L/Petrol/BM-Catalysts/Exhausts/Catalytic-Converters/BM91287H/9/786

Was thinking that I could get a pair of the better flowing, stainless manifolds , a pair of these cats and reuse my existing silencer until something decent shows up. My existing cats have been welded and have exhaust bandages around splits!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2023 at 7:24 PM, bally4563 said:

Just let me know when you are ready, pm and I will give you the details 

Just to finish off this thread, and say what a great help the special jig that I hired from Mick, (Bally4563) was.

I definitely would not have attempted this without the jig. Even with the jig it took a lot of time but at least what you’re doing is pretty precise.

If anyone is thinking of removing their manifolds, then keep this in mind.

4 hours ago, phazed said:

Just to finish off this thread, and say what a great help the special jig that I hired from Mick, (Bally4563) was.

I definitely would not have attempted this without the jig. Even with the jig it took a lot of time but at least what you’re doing is pretty precise.

If anyone is thinking of removing their manifolds, then keep this in mind.

👍No brainer !! Glad it worked out Peter