At long last

Porschevirgin1968

Well guys, the searching is over, last week went to Hull and bright this home. 55 plate fsh, needs a bit TLC elastic needs sorted on both sides, drains checked and cleaned, drain covers ordered. Washed and sealed for the winter ahead. Not had a chance to bring out since last weekend, brakes were locked on when I took it out the garage, schoolboy error. In gear handbrake off in future. 

Won't let me add any pics 🤬

• Like 2

IMG_20231120_115532 IMG_20231120_115541 IMG_20231120_115554 IMG_20231120_115603

Here you go guys, first wash and clean, sealed with polar seal and roof cleaned and sealed also. Upgraded sports exhaust, lowered suspension, just checking the optional extras, auto dimming rear mirror or are they standard, auto windscreen wipers or again are they standard. It's got the Porsche Sat Nav and telephone. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Shiny!

Auto mirrors and wipers are a nice package. Sports exhaust should be a lot of fun :) 

Exhaust sounds amazing between 4 and 5k revs. It's a good looking car for 18 years old, few stone chips on the bonnet, touch up paint ordered,  bumper is very clean it's got Zunsport grilles on the front, centre one is missing, I got the 2 side grilles in the sale, 163k miles on the clock. Fresh MOT will need a full service next year. 4 new Goodyear F1 tyres fitted. 

Edited by Porschevirgin1968

All you need to adjust is a stubby screwdriver and a torx bit, I think T15. Just did mine yesterday.

Unless the elastic is aged and knackered, then best to replace. 50cm of buttonhole elastic, and a way of fixing it to the flap of material already there - sewing for those inclined, stapling for the alpha males who don't (want to) understand what a needle and thread is.

4 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

All you need to adjust is a stubby screwdriver and a torx bit, I think T15. Just did mine yesterday.

Unless the elastic is aged and knackered, then best to replace. 50cm of buttonhole elastic, and a way of fixing it to the flap of material already there - sewing for those inclined, stapling for the alpha males who don't (want to) understand what a needle and thread is.

I would replace it anyway. Normally if it is stretched, if you adjust it then it just snaps a couple of weeks later. 15 min job a side to change it. I don't sew the new elastic on, a stapler does the job just as well and faster :D 

Edited by Bike Loon
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

Glad to see you have the car home. It’s been a journey to get there but now you get to enjoy it 

Thanks Matt, it has been some journey, but on the final throw of the dice, I think I chose well. Had a quick blast earlier, once warmed up the sound on that exhaust is awesome. 

Same mileage as mine, be interesting to see what state it is in underneath. The engines seem to last well if they get regular oil change, but mine is suffering a bit of corrosion underneath due to being driven all year round on a commute for many years. Swings and roundabouts really. Looks in great condition from the photos, drive isn’t too bad considering it’s winter, but there is a weed in the exhaust photo😉

3 hours ago, Nobbie said:

Same mileage as mine, be interesting to see what state it is in underneath. The engines seem to last well if they get regular oil change, but mine is suffering a bit of corrosion underneath due to being driven all year round on a commute for many years. Swings and roundabouts really. Looks in great condition from the photos, drive isn’t too bad considering it’s winter, but there is a weed in the exhaust photo😉

😂😂

That’s the colour I was looking for but ended up with black, looks great.

Since changing the slightly rusty discs I inherited I just go for a quick drive now after washing the car to get the brakes warmed up and dried to stop them locking on.