PSE has eventually arrived

Dermot

18 hours ago, carl s said:

Interesting to see how soon these get delivered, I dismissed the idea of fitting PSE due to waiting list and £cost. Planning on installing my Carnewal next weekend, fingers crossed for some good weather!

Be prepared to have to buy the long joining sleeve, there isn’t one in the kit and I had to cut mine off due to how it had been fitted and virtually impossible to get to the clamp bolts

Just now, bally4563 said:

Be prepared to have to buy the long joining sleeve, there isn’t one in the kit and I had to cut mine off due to how it had been fitted and virtually impossible to get to the clamp bolts

In fact get one prior to the job and if you don’t have to use it send it back

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/22/2024 at 5:28 PM, deanmr2 said:

That’s interesting I have just recently bought a 981 Boxster and ordered a PSE in November last year from Porsche Glasgow for my car. They gave me a date of the 28th of this month to supply and fit it. I have not heard anything from them so I am hoping it will still happen on the 28th but I also know the PSE’s have been on back order for quite a while just have to wait and see what happens 

Hi guys just a quick update on the PSE I have on order, I got a call from Glasgow OPC yesterday to tell me my exhaust will definitely be delivered tomorrow I have just to contact their service department to arrange a suitable date for fitting. I am super excited!! 
So it looks like the PSE’s on back order are definitely starting to filter through.

4 hours ago, deanmr2 said:

Hi guys just a quick update on the PSE I have on order, I got a call from Glasgow OPC yesterday to tell me my exhaust will definitely be delivered tomorrow I have just to contact their service department to arrange a suitable date for fitting. I am super excited!! 
So it looks like the PSE’s on back order are definitely starting to filter through.

My 981 is going in next monday to have the left hand side PSE replaced under warranty. Only been waiting since last June.

On 3/13/2024 at 10:26 AM, deanmr2 said:

My PSE arrived at Glasgow OPC today and car is booked in on the 3rd of April to have it fitted. I hope the weather improves so that I can go out to play with my new toy!!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2024 at 10:33 PM, Simo_UK said:

Had one side replaced today under warranty (broken actuator). Thankfully only had to wait a month.  

I could live with a month.

im on the waiting list for one side-(broken actuator)……………. 🤞🤞🙏

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ribroaster3 said:

I could live with a month.

im on the waiting list for one side-(broken actuator)……………. 🤞🤞🙏

Sounds SO much better!  Had the spoiler actuator changed at the same time too as it was on its way out. 

The warranty renewal has more than paid for itself!

• Like 1

Just dropped my Boxster off at Porsche Glasgow to get the PSE retrofitted. The fitting time going by the worksheet is 5 hours but due to the many rusty nuts,bolts and clamps they said it could take longer and I might not be able to pick it up until tomorrow. Can’t wait to hear the new exhaust I am like a kid at Xmas 😂😂

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, deanmr2 said:

Just dropped my Boxster off at Porsche Glasgow to get the PSE retrofitted. The fitting time going by the worksheet is 5 hours but due to the many rusty nuts,bolts and clamps they said it could take longer and I might not be able to pick it up until tomorrow. Can’t wait to hear the new exhaust I am like a kid at Xmas 😂😂

You will be over the moon!

Totally transforms the driving experience, one of the first and best things I did with mine. Not cheap but definitely worth it 😎

Had one side replaced today under warranty (broken actuator). Thankfully only had to wait a month.  

any obvious signs of that being the case? My exhaust has developed a much deeper, rough tone of late at low revs. Still sounds fine above 5k but in normal, round town driving it’s a bit… gruff.

• Like 1

Just back from Porsche Glasgow with the new PSE fitted to my car and there is only one word to describe how it sounds  - AWESOME!! I drove home with the roof down so that I could hear the exhaust  crack and burble and pop and couldn’t believe how good it sounded. I am absolutely delighted with the new exhaust it adds another dimension to an already brilliant driving experience it’s a 👍 from me 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, deanmr2 said:

Just back from Porsche Glasgow with the new PSE fitted to my car and there is only one word to describe how it sounds  - AWESOME!! I drove home with the roof down so that I could hear the exhaust  crack and burble and pop and couldn’t believe how good it sounded. I am absolutely delighted with the new exhaust it adds another dimension to an already brilliant driving experience it’s a 👍 from me 

Happy days 👍😎

On 4/3/2024 at 11:36 PM, kharma45 said:

any obvious signs of that being the case? My exhaust has developed a much deeper, rough tone of late at low revs. Still sounds fine above 5k but in normal, round town driving it’s a bit… gruff.

What @Patt said!

Have a look under and get someone to turn PSE on/off for you. You should see both rods moving freely. 

The actuator rod on mine looked fine, but it wouldn’t push out when PSE was turned on. The valve would open by hand and weirdly the actuator would retract fine when turned off, albeit with a bit of a clunk. 

Congrats to deanmr2 and others who have recently had the PSE retrofitted. I'm considering it myself, but I have a couple of questions. 

1. Does the retrofitted PSE have modified parts that address the well-documented problems of actuator seizure?

2. What warranty does the OPC/Porsche offer on the installation should problems occur down the line?

Hi Spook I can answer your second question you will get a 2 year warranty on parts and labour if you get the PSE retrofitted at a OPC.

As for your first question I was told by Porsche Glasgow that the reason for the long wait for the PSE was down to Porsche getting a new supplier and the time needed for them to tool up to produce the PSE to Porsche’s specifications they didn’t say whether there were any modifications to the original design so the simple answer to your question is I don’t know.

• Like 2

My valves were partially seized at one point, and fairly stiff to manually operate by hand.

For several nights I then went into the garage and pushed and pulled them up and down 30-40 times manually, and they feed off fairly well.

Now every time I go for a drive I operate them maybe 20 times, and a few months later (weekend toy) they are both really free and operate perfectly.

I will add that the car isnt used during the winter (currently hasn't been started since October!) so it isnt exposed to road salt which i suspect is the main culprit for them seizing in the first place.