RTS

Josh Jackson

1 hour ago, ATM said:

Mine is BNIB but I'm thinking about a change of colour before I use it. Silver might look a bit off against the Red.

Are they painted or anodised?

The whole thing seems illogical on a sports car, (although I did carry 10 bags of fertiliser from a farm during lockdown in my 987).

16 hours ago, ½cwt said:

Are they painted or anodised?

Good question. Hard to say. Adding some pics. Let me know if anyone wants more. There are also the 2 cross bars but they are less interesting.

20240208-154134.jpg

20240208-154147.jpg

20240208-154205.jpg

20240208-154228.jpg

20240208-154253.jpg

20240208-154309.jpg%5B

20240208-154404.jpg

img%5D%5B

16 hours ago, phazed said:

The whole thing seems illogical on a sports car, (although I did carry 10 bags of fertiliser from a farm during lockdown in my 987).

Exactly why I want it. Totally illogical which is what makes it brilliant. 

• Like 3

That's all paint/powdered coating.  Easy to get powder coating stripped and re-coat in the colour you want.

2 hours ago, ½cwt said:

That's all paint/powdered coating.  Easy to get powder coating stripped and re-coat in the colour you want.

Yeah my wheel guy does powder coating. But only from a limited selection of options or colour palette. 

I mean it will look off in bright silver won't it. So maybe something simple like matt black would be better. 

2 hours ago, ATM said:

Yeah my wheel guy does powder coating. But only from a limited selection of options or colour palette. 

I mean it will look off in bright silver won't it. So maybe something simple like matt black would be better. 

Your RTS, your call.  They retain their value as original, a custom colour, even black might not have the same appeal.

11 minutes ago, ATM said:

Weren't these like 4k new?

Not quite, I'm afraid :) Though I'd say they've probably been a good investment for anyone that bought them at list price:

From the Model Year 2000 price list (prices as at 1.5.2000): Roof Transport System: £347 (Hardtop: £1,960 incidentally)

21 minutes ago, ATM said:

Weren't these like 4k new?

Change 'value' to 'desirability' then... but £347 on the options list for that much metal from Porsche was a bargain!!

Edited by ½cwt

3 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

Change 'value' to 'desirability' then... but £347 on the options list for that much metal from Porsche was a bargain!!

I'd agree - and as a comparison, it was exactly the same amount just to have the 986 roll bars painted in body colour :o (which I did :whistle:)

7 hours ago, Jon61 said:

From the Model Year 2000 price list (prices as at 1.5.2000): Roof Transport System: £347 (Hardtop: £1,960 incidentally)

347 is cheap. But that's looking at their prices for stuff today. I think an indicator stalk is similar money. 

Was it the speedster humps? I've got 4k in my head from somewhere, hopefully. No idea where.

Well prices must have come down as I’m my price list Edition 10/2003 are as follows including VAT.

RTS £253.80

Humps £696.78

Hard top £1,429.98

Aerokit £2,809.43

Skirts £764.93

😬

1 hour ago, Fat Rat said:

Well prices must have come down as I’m my price list Edition 10/2003 are as follows including VAT.

RTS £253.80

Humps £696.78

Hard top £1,429.98

Aerokit £2,809.43

Skirts £764.93

😬

Yes, I found that edition of the price list after I'd posted above about the MY2000 prices, and also noticed that they'd come down - not something you see often with Porsche prices! It made the RTS a positive bargain!

I think the reduction might have been connected with the realignment of UK/mainland European prices to counter the growing trend to import cars from Europe, which I remember took effect sometime after I bought my 2001 S unfortunately.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Jon61 said:

Yes, I found that edition of the price list after I'd posted above about the MY2000 prices, and also noticed that they'd come down - not something you see often with Porsche prices! It made the RTS a positive bargain!

I think the reduction might have been connected with the realignment of UK/mainland European prices to counter the growing trend to import cars from Europe, which I remember took effect sometime after I bought my 2001 S unfortunately.

2004 Model Year (which is Oct 2003 pricing) was the run out year...