Finally

MH82

So after the 987.2S that i upgraded with the Spyder suspension and cosmetic bits, followed by a 991.1 C2S, then an Aston V8 Vantage S Roadster, and a S1 Elise, I’m a hairs breadth away from getting into a 987 Spyder! Probably the car I should have had all along (would certainly have been cheaper!)

The 987.2S is still the sweet spot out of the above for handling. The Elise gives it a run for it’s money but is just a little small for me to get comfortable in.

very excited 

• Like 2

Be patient. Though it could be the thick end of a month before I finally get it.

I did have a dream list of spec but sometime’s value comes into it as well, and the deal making fiscal sense.

The car in question is basalt black, didn’t want white, pdk so my wife will be prepared to drive it occasionally, and sports plus seats so that I can pop a baby seat in occasionally - you know, all the sexy stuff!

But a late car with reasonably low miles for something that’s close to 13 years old.

Will post some pictures etc once here. 

• Like 1

On 2/17/2024 at 12:27 PM, MH82 said:

So after the 987.2S that i upgraded with the Spyder suspension and cosmetic bits, followed by a 991.1 C2S, then an Aston V8 Vantage S Roadster, and a S1 Elise, I’m a hairs breadth away from getting into a 987 Spyder! Probably the car I should have had all along (would certainly have been cheaper!)

The 987.2S is still the sweet spot out of the above for handling. The Elise gives it a run for it’s money but is just a little small for me to get comfortable in.

very excited 

There was a time the only Porsche I'd have wanted to get out my S1 Elise(s) for was a 987 Spyder, same shyate roof and ethos.

But then I got old and the 981 arrived.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2024 at 6:02 PM, MH82 said:

and sports plus seats so that I can pop a baby seat in occasionally - you know, all the sexy stuff!

Does it (do all the Spyders?) have the off switch for passenger airbag ?

Nope; it’s an option. And Porsche don’t do the retrofit kit anymore (which used to be about £150 including the isofix bar), so I’m having to acquire the bits at twice the price separately.

I have considered a single bucket for the  driver, but these are £4k+ second hand!

Looking forward to seeing some pics of it!

They are special cars and like you when I had my Black Edition I was obsessed by the 987 Spyder and pinching ideas of it 😂

Nothing has changed today really I’m doing similar with the 981😂

I had my 981 up for sale last year with a view to get into a 987 Spyder. But alas it never sold so as you do I’ve further invested into the 981 😂😂 Wheels recently refurbished and GT4 style front bumper going on now in a few weeks time. So I’ll have to make do with the 981 this summer 😂👍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, no problems with any water coming in at all. Managed to get out briefly in some dry weather yesterday when visiting my mother. Forgot how well these can pile on speed in the upper rev range. So much more enjoyable than the huge well of torque in my wife’s RS3

• Like 1