Show me pics of your Royal steering wheel

bally4563

This one will be for sale very soon if you’re interested?

53594216160_e3f05e5c44_b.jpg 53593770456_a0877b97b7_b.jpg

White 12 o’clock marker is removable and there is a black leather one underneath. Trimmed by Royal with less than 1k of wear on it 👍

1 hour ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

This one will be for sale very soon if you’re interested?

53594216160_e3f05e5c44_b.jpg 53593770456_a0877b97b7_b.jpg

White 12 o’clock marker is removable and there is a black leather one underneath. Trimmed by Royal with less than 1k of wear on it 👍

I was looking to get the same wheel done by them although i have been told by some make sure i know how careful you need to be with alcantera in terms of keeping it clean and free from greasy hands and dirt. 

How have you got along with it and what you changing to and why? 

3 minutes ago, fizz said:

I was looking to get the same wheel done by them although i have been told by some make sure i know how careful you need to be with alcantera in terms of keeping it clean and free from greasy hands and dirt. 

How have you got along with it and what you changing to and why? 

You do definitely have to think about dirty hands on the wheel, I use these cheap disposable covers when I’m washing the car or working on it.

53593770551_0bd32b9631_b.jpg

This was Sunday when I was fitting the Alcantara lower dash.

You can keep your wheel looking fresh by giving it a regular brush with a soft leather brush or even a soft toothbrush.

It isn’t too difficult to look after with a bit of common sense and 100% worth the effort as it feels great to drive with and looks great 👍 

I’m just changing the wheel as I fancy a change as I had the same wheel in my last one, so in total I’ve had the same wheel for 5 years plus 😂.

53601378652_b41c640bf7_b.jpg

Im planning on fitting this one once the adapter arrives from China.

This one looks black in the picture but it’s actually grey Alcantara but it’s damp after a intense clean as it’s a used wheel and was quite grotty😩

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

You do definitely have to think about dirty hands on the wheel, I use these cheap disposable covers when I’m washing the car or working on it.

53593770551_0bd32b9631_b.jpg

This was Sunday when I was fitting the Alcantara lower dash.

You can keep your wheel looking fresh by giving it a regular brush with a soft leather brush or even a soft toothbrush.

It isn’t too difficult to look after with a bit of common sense and 100% worth the effort as it feels great to drive with and looks great 👍 

I’m just changing the wheel as I fancy a change as I had the same wheel in my last one, so in total I’ve had the same wheel for 5 years plus 😂.

53601378652_b41c640bf7_b.jpg

Im planning on fitting this one once the adapter arrives from China.

This one looks black in the picture but it’s actually grey Alcantara but it’s damp after a intense clean as it’s a used wheel and was quite grotty😩

They both look great and love the new one as well! :) 

I will keep an eye out on ebay for a spare 3 spoke as Royal dont have any spares and my car is a daily so cant afford for it not to be off the road. 

Good tips with regards to the maintenance and i will no doubt pick your brains at some point when i get round to getting the same done myself! :) 

It's still on the to do list... along with EVERYTHING else! :whistle1:

One thing I don’t want would be the 12 o’clock marker as that would definitely do my bag in when driving… just saying personal choice

I had Royal retrim my old NC mk3.5 MX5 steering wheel, thickening it slightly, adding thumb grips, perforated leather and with contrast grey stitching and 12 o’clock  marker.

apologies for the poor photo

MX5 Steering wheel

18 hours ago, bally4563 said:

One thing I don’t want would be the 12 o’clock marker as that would definitely do my bag in when driving… just saying personal choice

They will do what you want.  The marker is an extra I beleive.

18 hours ago, bally4563 said:

I was originally the same and I like them either way but the marker has grown on me, must be all those RS videos I watch on YouTube 😂👍

• Haha 1

Nah!! Not winning me over it would be like a small stone chip in the screen that just bugs you all the time when driving 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bally4563 said:

Nah!! Not winning me over it would be like a small stone chip in the screen that just bugs you all the time when driving 

I’ve got one of those as well 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bally4563 said:

I wouldnt really spec it If I had the choice, however for her birthday my wife wanted an a Royal alcantara wheel for her 320 Touring. Had a blue marker. I never noticed it once the wheel was on, so dont worry.

They were originally invented for rally cars who obviously engaged in a lot of wheel twirling. I used to do quite a bit of rallying and always thought that if you needed to line up the steering wheel marker with direction of travel, you had too much time on your hands! Pointless IMHO.

2 hours ago, andygo said:

I wouldnt really spec it If I had the choice, however for her birthday my wife wanted an a Royal alcantara wheel for her 320 Touring. Had a blue marker. I never noticed it once the wheel was on, so dont worry.

They were originally invented for rally cars who obviously engaged in a lot of wheel twirling. I used to do quite a bit of rallying and always thought that if you needed to line up the steering wheel marker with direction of travel, you had too much time on your hands! Pointless IMHO.

👍👍

13 hours ago, Tony Daniel said:

Mick, I sent @map a link to a company in Europe that does 718/Macan copy steering wheels with OEM airbags. 

Here is the LINK

They are actually in China  , did a GT4RS one for my C4S and had some trouble with them  ,,,,,,

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, zagamuffin said:

They are actually in China  , did a GT4RS one for my C4S and had some trouble with them  ,,,,,,

Ah - what sort of trouble was that?

Sent it with chrome centre ring instead of black , wasn’t plug and play as promised (airbag) and one paddle was faulty , had terrible trouble trying to get it sorted . Overall great product tho…..

said from Europe but PO Box in Germany , operate out of China 

54 minutes ago, zagamuffin said:

Sent it with chrome centre ring instead of black , wasn’t plug and play as promised (airbag) and one paddle was faulty , had terrible trouble trying to get it sorted . Overall great product tho…..

said from Europe but PO Box in Germany , operate out of China 

I’ve seen them advertise before but there is something unnerving about a replica steering wheel made in China and supposedly with a genuine airbag.

• Sad 1