718 4 pots - exhaust notes

greenman986s

my 2p worth 

They sound different.   

When I had one as a loaner I forgot all about the sound at the 1st roundabout.  Was a fantastic car to drive.  

I have a 987.2 with pse of I was looking to change to a 728 the sound it made would not even figure in my thinking   

• Like 1

I probably had one of the first 718's on the forum. At the Scottish scramble meet we pulled into the car park as another member was getting out of their car.

Him. "Hi, are you in sports mode?"

Me. "No, comfort"

Him. "Why the feck does anyone complain about the sound of the 718 then?"

• Like 1

Have owned my 718 GTS for a few months now *from a 987.2.

The 2.5L GTS with PSE.... either on or off sounds great imo. Yes not as much howl, but fab and growly.

The sound has added to its appeal for me.

• Like 1

I had a 1300-mile PDK 718 2.5 loaner the other day, a Cayman S, whilst my 981S was having its 8-year service. Didn't have a chance to really give it the beans but it pulls very hard from very low engine revs compared to the 981.  Noticed a tiny hesitation a couple of times when the indecisive driver (me) changed his mind at a couple of roundabouts and decided there was time for me to make it.  Mostly I was pottering in normal mode in traffic - starting from rest, the noise for the first second or two isn't pleasant (a sort of loud hammering, probably exacerbated by the Cayman body shell) but it isn't particularly unpleasant either. If you had never driven a 6-cylinder Porsche I think you'd just be impressed by the grunt, to be honest, and wouldn't even think about the noise.