Insurance prices for my 2002 3.2s

Thought I'd share the quotes / renewals I got this time round, just renewed mid Jan 2011.

I'm 34, full NCB, no points etc, PE28 postcode, 2002 facelift 3.2s, daily use / no mileage restrictions etc

Tesco - renewal £650 and required the Tracker for theft protection - so £135 on top . . £785

Swiftcover - £345 ! (But required Tracker activation too) again £135 on top . . £480

Direct line - £ 1012 ! Ok then.......

Classicline (been good in the past) - not ten years old so not fully discounted, around £600 with restricted miles

Ended up with

Admiral multicar - £420 for the Boxster, other halfs 206 is up in July - which can be added then (although was quoted a mere £180 annual premium for that, if it were to be added now) we can both drive both cars etc etc AND no tracker required !

Happy with that . . . but the Swift cover quote was v competitive I thought..........

The variation between companies is amazing.

I had the same trouble when i insured mine last year :thumbsdown_anim:

luckily I can live with restricted mileage, but they have you by the balls these days even if you have a perfect non claim clean licence record :suicide_anim:

As my insurance is up in April i thought i would have a look at Swiftcover as i have been getting quotes recently so i know what i am looking at in April.

My best so far was £504 on Gocompare, fully comp, no mileage restriction and no tracker required.

Swiftcover want £1756.03 and tracker is required at whatever that costs to switch it on and annual fee!!!!

Shop around people...

I was getting a lot of inflated quotes for the Box last year until I tried Porsche Insurance. They insured my car for £370 which was half the price of my renewal quote. And there was no hassle with the soft top, alloys and roof relay being non standard.

The scheme is run by Marsh Private Clients so you don't deal with a call centre you have the direct number of the person dealing with your case. I'm due to renew next month so it will interesting to see how it goes.

I went with Admiral multi-car too. The Boxster was the cheapest of the three cars on the policy at £325, and our 1.25 Fiesta the most expensive at £1127 (18 year old son as named driver!). I used two NCBs of 10 and 11 years for these two. Saab 9-5 a little more than the Boxster but the wife only has a couple of years NCB in her own name on that one.

Im with Swiftcover, was already with them on my Golf V5 when I bought the Boxster S in July... they wanted an extra £20 for the Porsche up til renewal time ( January 2011 ).

Insisted on a Tracker, but my car had one on when i bought it which had been fitted from new. Just renewed with Swiftcover for £380 fully comp, protected no claims.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got a fantastic deal from Adrian Flux.

Boxster 987 2005, I'm just about to turn 25, had 2 accidents in last 5 years, one my fault and the other not, got 3 points for being on the phone, woops! Unlimited milage, 4 years no claims bonus, £450 excess, can drive any other car third party, £1095 and they added my 24 year old girlfriend free! Fantastic! :thumbsup_anim:

• 3 weeks later...

all interesting as I'm looking to renew now.

Please can someone send me the Porsche Insurance website?

BTW, make sure that you have equivalent excesses when comparing. I like to have a reasonably low excess. Sofar, for me, Admiral is best @ £564 with 100 compulsary and £250 voluntary excess, full ncb, protected, 5000 miles. 44yrs old. Swiftcover is £100 cheaper, but requires a tracker and excess is £800 total!!!

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd share the quotes / renewals I got this time round, just renewed mid Jan 2011.

I'm 34, full NCB, no points etc, PE28 postcode, 2002 facelift 3.2s, daily use / no mileage restrictions etc

Happy with that . . . but the Swift cover quote was v competitive I thought..........

my renewal just came in. I swapped over from my BMW to the box, when i bought it a few months ago.. 660, so since i got on the forums today, i thought i'd look at the posts and came to this one first..

would give me an idea, etc.. but thought can't be that accurate as the car type, postcode and age etc cant be the same... especially the postcode...

and what do I find..

Im similar age, full ncb too, i also live in PE28.. I mean, just cross your name out and add mine on there.. mine is the 3.2s...

well, i will give Swift cover a try!!

Thanks Andy!!!

I'm 45 ( though look much younger ) £300 fully comp for me and the missus, £250 excess.

That said nobody nicks cars in Jersey, you wouldn't get far.

• 2 months later...

420 with admiral, 31 yrs old, 2.7 2005 plate with breakdown cover and legal etc, aZurich and others insisted on a tracker fitting. The car has a tracker but the subscription is up in Aug. Chap on the phone with admiral also recommended that i look at th admiral garage network for servicing etc as they are insurance bonded and give discounts to admiral insurance customers. Looked at the site and major service for the boxster was 265 quid, which seems a bargain

http://www.admiralgaragenetwork.com/pdfs/ServiceSchedule.pdf

A very interesting Thread this, :speak_cool: I will be keeping an eye on this one as it goes on, you think the insurance advertisers on this forum would be more competitive, I wouldnt say Porsche drivers were a high risk they love their cars more than most, well I do anyway :rolleyes_anim:

my renewal just came in. I swapped over from my BMW to the box, when i bought it a few months ago.. 660, so since i got on the forums today, i thought i'd look at the posts and came to this one first..

would give me an idea, etc.. but thought can't be that accurate as the car type, postcode and age etc cant be the same... especially the postcode...

and what do I find..

Im similar age, full ncb too, i also live in PE28.. I mean, just cross your name out and add mine on there.. mine is the 3.2s...

well, i will give Swift cover a try!!

Thanks Andy!!!

not sure whats going on either, cheapest i can find is 615 with 500.00 voluntary excess for fully comp protected with swiftcover, im 39 12+ years ncb and no points etc...

• 1 month later...

just started looking at quotes, picking my car up on Saturday. comparethemarket cheapest was £785 compared to my previous Z4 cover at £365 from swiftcover.

tried swiftcover and they wanted £42 to extend it to March next year, but they insist on a tracker. I think thats fair enough, I think the car has a tracker - just needs the subscription taking up

40, windsor area, 15 yrs NCB

Try classicline insurance. I got a quote today for 3.2s that i am looking at. Second car so limited to 5k a year but was £450

tried swiftcover and they wanted £42 to extend it to March next year, but they insist on a tracker. I think thats fair enough, I think the car has a tracker - just needs the subscription taking up

Had the same issue when my Tesco policy had a couple of months to run - Tracker waved the joining fee & did it for £11.50 per month / no tie in, to cancel when required. (Admiral then didn't require it).

• 7 months later...

Direct Line was 380 for a 31 year old female (wife) on her 2000 W Box S, but Bridle have just quoted cheaper.

Cheers, Giles

Archived