Benefits of a wife! ;)

Just changed the insurance over (which I had just renewed a week ago) from the 986 S Box to my Cayman S and was £74.00 which inc a £20 admin fee. I then asked how much more would it be to add the wife as a named driver and the requote was...............a reduction of £60 than what I was paying on the old 986 policy..........HAPPY DAYS! :). Knew she would come in handy one day ;)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Added wives usually dos bring it down - the best reason for getting married? :ninja:

Added wives bring many things down...

i thought the wife was mean to make things go up ..... :whistle1:

Haven't found any benefit of having one yet....

Other than incubating mini-me :lol:

Added wives usually dos bring it down - the best reason for getting married? :ninja:

Added wives bring many things down...

i thought the wife was mean to make things go up ..... :whistle1:

Yes, many men tend to confuse wives with girlfriends... You'd think someone would have passed the message on by now?

Or were you referring to blood pressure and household clothing budget?

Well, I am sans wife these days so yes bank balance down, car fleet down, house size going down, gone even. Still, it's not all bad at least I still have a bank balance, some cars and hopefully a new house soon. And, life is all on the up :thumbsup_still:

I'm going to see if putting my mum or dad on the policy will have the same effect. It did when I was younger. Not sure it will work when you are into your 30s ...

Shouldn't wives make things go up and down?

I'll get me coat.

Mine does :wish:

You know what they say about wives... and the similarity to Hurricanes:

When they come, they're warm and wet.

When they go, they take your house, your car and all your belongings.

I was thinking that they induce a lot of huffing and puffing, the hair gets messy, all hell breaks loose, then before you know it everything is back to normal as though nothing had happened :D

Shouldn't wives make things go up and down?

I'll get me coat.

Stress levels? :whistle1:

I'm not actually married nor do I have a girlfriend at the moment, I just thought I'd get in on the action...

That's the spirit :thumbsup_still:

In the past I have put an ex-girlfiend on my insurance to keep the costs down, but I've never told them just in case they wanted to actually drive it !

look after the pennies, as the female will spend the pounds !

In theory you could just put anyone on the insurance if you have their driving history, address and dob, if it helps you to keep the cost of the premium down. You don't really need to tell them if they aren't driving the car... slightly fraudulent (I would never think to try that, sir!)

I think I actually make our premiums higher, I'm quite a lot younger than Mr G, maybe it'll be better once I hit 30.

Trophy wife?

My wife generally makes my quotes way higher too. Couldn't even insure her on the M135i. Luckily A-Plan have come up trumps on a 986S quote though. She is just under 7 year younger.

I'm terrified she may now read this thread......and realise she can now drive it ;)

I've got the answer ;)

Put somebody else's wife on the policy :whistle1: All the same benefits and the wife can't drive it, win win :thumbsup_still:

Archived