Admiral insurance

A15X

Had my renewal come through, for the Boxster and wife's beetle came to 1600! Up from 750 for both cars.

they called me today asking if I was happy with the quote and I said no it's a massive increase on last year! Now have agreed on 578 for both cars for another years cover....go figure!

Its amazing just how much insurance companies will try it on. There is no doubt that they do this because a number of people are daft enough to just pay it. My dad keeps saying when his renewal comes through and they have increased the premium by a silly amount 'but I have been a good customer for many years and never made a claim'. He just can't understand that insurance companies regard loyal customers as suckers to be rinsed.

My renewals have always gone up year on year, regardless of loyalty and not claiming. They do just hope for lazy customers to just go with it.

On another note, the AA sent me my renewal for my breakdown cover (roadside, relay & home-start). The last year I've paid £15 a month, renewal comes through.... £29 a month! After a disappointing phone call, the best they apparently can do at a maximum discount was £17.

Rang up the RAC and got the same cover for £14 a month. Job done, AA's loss.

17 hours ago, A15X said:

Had my renewal come through, for the Boxster and wife's beetle came to 1600! Up from 750 for both cars.

they called me today asking if I was happy with the quote and I said no it's a massive increase on last year! Now have agreed on 578 for both cars for another years cover....go figure!

We may be able to help, give us a call on 01635 874646 or click the link in my signature and we will call you back ?

• 2 weeks later...

I've been with LV for the last three years on my 107 and the last two years when the renewal has come through at a 30% increase I've just gone on a comparison website and ironically LV have come up as cheapest with a considerable saving on my renewal. I then phone up LV who first offer me a slightly better price and then have to refer it to someone else to look at the online quote and match their own quote:blink: ridiculous, but you've just got to play the game and check and switch everything every year or you get shafted. No such thing as loyalty in business, you're just seen as a mug :angry:

I love the admiral advert.......I fancy having a boss who dresses up as Admiral Nelson, sings badly but cares deeply for their workers..............

Mmmmmm at least they don't give away cuddly toys

Find a company who want your business. They are out there believe me  £950 to £150 was my experience 

i can also recommend Greenlight insurance-£250 with protected no claims fully comp,i am 47 though,no points etc

Greenlight are by far the best insurer I've ever used. I fitted many aftermarket parts to my Clio throughout the policies and the only time I got a charge was for my private plate (obviously an unavoidable Admin fee)

They're always very competitive & were fantastic when I wrote off my civic. Completely pain free claim process.

Folks, I've just renewed my Boxster insurance.

I got quotes from the forum sponsors, usual comparison websites etc...and bought the best vfm policy (Hastings Premium) factoring in the level of cover provided (and perhaps more importantly what is not covered e.g. the convertible hood in some instances)

£234 with a Total excess £100  so happy with that as well over £100 less than I paid last year for a better level of cover

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't really get insurance: recently renewed with Admiral, 987 - £195, E class estate - £260.  Don't get me wrong I'm happy with the total price but struggle to imagine the E class is more expensive to fix, more frequently crashed or more stolen.  I could be wrong though!

45 minutes ago, jollop said:

I don't really get insurance: recently renewed with Admiral, 987 - £195, E class estate - £260.  Don't get me wrong I'm happy with the total price but struggle to imagine the E class is more expensive to fix, more frequently crashed or more stolen.  I could be wrong though!

Did you not go for multi-car insurance on it?

1 minute ago, jollop said:

Yes multicar with another car too - which was also more expensive than the 987!

I have multicar with Admiral and my 987 is also the cheapest of the three cars insured but is worth the most and is certainly the fastest, and is not even the car that covers the least miles on the policy!

Boxster 2.7 2002 £430 sold a few months ago Churchill Ins.

Boxster 2.0 718 £680 via yesterdays post Churchill Ins.. Phoned them up and they reduced the quote to £630. I know there is a big difference in the value of both cars but I think I shall have to make a few phone calls to see if I can save a few pounds. 

Been onto Admiral this afternoon. £336 for the Boxster and £297 for the BMW X3. on a multicar plan. Also received a very good quote for the house and contents.

I used to always use admiral multicar. But for the Porsche they were over double my current eSure price. Conveniently eSure also do multicar discounts as I found out last month, insuring a Honda Civic for £200 a year on the back of my Boxster policy with mirrored NCB ?

Always a good idea to shop around come renewal time....I have made some great savings by looking around and switching....worth a bit of groundwork and moving elsewhere......no loyalty to some of these companies......even been charged an admin fee to change an occupation to retired a few years!!!!!!!!.........not with that shower anymore

I forgot to say I also moved to Admiral for house and contents insurance a couple of weeks ago as a linked customer for car insurance and managed to knock about £150 off my renewal with Nationwide for a better specified policy. 

Just had my renewal from Saga. £187.49.  Mind you, I'm 67 and pointless. (also hairless, toothless and gormless)

Archived