Wowsa, think he may be sat on this Anni for a while

motosparkz

Hay oop,

Whilst having a look for some bits, I came across this. A tiptronic to boot. Reckon he will be sat on this for a while - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-Boxster-550-Spyder-Anniversary-Edition-Tip-PETROL-SEMIAUTOMATIC-2004-04-/371762844452?hash=item568ecad324:g:4aQAAOSwn7JYCkta

Blimey :-)

the dealer has a sales forecourt a couple of miles from me and I pass it twice a day on what to and from work.

they always seem to have cars in forecourt for an age, some then go but then sometimes reappear later so not sure if they turn them to another locations? if this ones outside then I'll stop and take a look at the near side rear quarter colouring, 

25 minutes ago, T24RES said:

Optimistic pricing ?

A couple of years ago, I would have agreed, but with the way the used car market has been, maybe they are just ahead of the game. :)

32 minutes ago, Araf said:

A couple of years ago, I would have agreed, but with the way the used car market has been, maybe they are just ahead of the game. :)

So they will be sitting around waiting for the rest of the industry to ramp up the prices (quite a while)

My retirement fund hopes it does drag ours up, but I dont think it will be any time soon :-)

2 hours ago, jimbob2911 said:

Bonkers comes to mind 

Agreed , I was also thinking greedy, theres no way it cost him anywhere near that price or stands him in that amount

There's a dealer near me with a very fine selection of cars that are consistently all 10-15% over usual trade prices.   I don't know if it's a marketing trick and he expects to be negotiated down to the trade price level or he has some other reasons for it.   Either way he's been in business years and is always stocked up with porsche, Ferrari, m3 and others and they do seem to turn over,  albeit not fast.  

I think most people here look at the car as something they would own and use. A collecter is a different beast I feel. Surely that sort of money would  be loose change so the purchase would in effect be just a little punt or fill a hole nicely in a collection. As a Boxster owner who likes to use the car I am not sure if I want values to appreciate dramatically or not.

2 hours ago, Patt said:

Two hopes:

Envelhope,..&..cape of good hope

I'll get my coat...

In the words of Frank Butcher, "ohhhh Patt" :-)

Archived