What have YOU done to your 986 today ?

Mike G

Fitted  nice new type 110 Yasau 85Ah battery with a 5 year warranty.  Only just over £110 after taking advantage of 60% off at GSF last week.

Recent frosts had killed the previous Bosch S4 fitted by PO only 2 years ago, down to only 9.9 volts!  Might I have another electrical drain issue or could it be that the PO had gone for a standard battery (72 Ah) when the car was spec'd with the heavy duty option (do all S have that option may be?) from the factory?  Still no false alarms in the night now hopefully and I've put the jump leads back in their bag.

On 1/26/2019 at 1:27 PM, elgringo said:

Fitted a Yatour Bluetooth hands free kit to the Becker Radio, changed the leaking headlight washer and gave the car a quick wash. 

I didn’t get around to wiring in the phone cradle to the fuse box though. 

Out of interest how easy was the Yatour to fit? I've got one on the way for my 986 S.

17 minutes ago, NicGun said:

Out of interest how easy was the Yatour to fit? I've got one on the way for my 986 S.

Mines an 986 as well. If, like mine, you’ve got a Head unit placed below the aircon controls, I found it easier to take this control panel out after removing the radio just to give myself a bit more room to manoeuvre, it’s only two screws. I put the panel back in after the radio was in situ as I could see more and it helped with routing the lead from the Yatour.

• Thanks 1

The list.....so far:

4 new springs (rear o/s was snapped so not taking any chances as they all looked poor) rear cv boots, front disks skimmed, new drop links all round, new condensers.l and pipe....although I really can’t see anything wrong with the condensers 😉 

46855387512_fde6bf0369_b.jpg

Over the last week, the H&R 10mm lowering springs have been fitted 

46963871971_70ee61482d_b.jpg

Both knackered condensers and pipe replaced with protective silver mesh fitted (debated between black or silver mesh for ages,  but very happy with the silver)

46963872241_ffdc81e426_b.jpg

46963872851_20abc1f02c_b.jpg

46911949582_586501fc55_b.jpg

Front discs skimmed.....they always appear fine on the outside 😳

46963872321_1e8f9cf994_b.jpg

All drop links replaced and a full service 

Getting there 😊

10 hours ago, Saxosim said:

Fitted a Pioneer Apple car play head unit and also had a tracker fitted.  Much better now and works well with the Bose 

PYwrEBQ.jpg

I don’t have air con so so can’t move my temp controls around, do you know if this unit would fit in the bottom two pods?

6 hours ago, the baron said:

I don’t have air con so so can’t move my temp controls around, do you know if this unit would fit in the bottom two pods?

Hiya no I don’t think it would fit because of the way the bottom console tapers in as it’s wider at the top than at the bottom.  Is you temp control system not just a single din unit like the air con control unit?  I would be surprised if you can’t move it as all 986 models as far as I am aware had the same basic dashboard layout and then different controls added depending on the spec.

19 minutes ago, Saxosim said:

Hiya no I don’t think it would fit because of the way the bottom console tapers in as it’s wider at the top than at the bottom.  Is you temp control system not just a single din unit like the air con control unit?  I would be surprised if you can’t move it as all 986 models as far as I am aware had the same basic dashboard layout and then different controls added depending on the spec.

No, not without dash out, due to it being a manual temp control connectors at the back rather than elctrical connectors.

On 2/2/2019 at 5:36 PM, Saxosim said:

Fitted a Pioneer Apple car play head unit and also had a tracker fitted.  Much better now and works well with the Bose 

PYwrEBQ.jpg

Is it possible to fit that to a 2003?