What have YOU done to your 986 today ?

Mike G

it plugs straight into the obd so is removable and undetectable, it basically fools the ECU intercepts the signals I guess, another version is the racechip it's another company they do the same thing though.

9 hours ago, Southy said:

it plugs straight into the obd so is removable and undetectable, it basically fools the ECU intercepts the signals I guess, another version is the racechip it's another company they do the same thing though.

9 hours ago, edc said:

Most remaps will adjust the throttle request map so it feels like the throttle response is better. 

Thanks gents, the GAN seems good value and well built

Another unbelieavable DIY feat completed by me today...... Autoglym cleaned and proofed my hood 😂😂.

Looks ok but not sure if I have put enough on as I certainly have got more than enough to clean and proof again?

There is some white wax like residue left in places, should I just brush that off?

46 minutes ago, Truth said:

Another unbelieavable DIY feat completed by me today...... Autoglym cleaned and proofed my hood 😂😂.

Looks ok but not sure if I have put enough on as I certainly have got more than enough to clean and proof again?

There is some white wax like residue left in places, should I just brush that off?

The most important thing when re proofing is to thoroughly scrub and clean the roof first, then when applying the rep roofer should make the job much easier. If youve got white spots just brush them in/out

• Thanks 1

Cheers mate. I hoovered it and gave it a right good clean before proofing. Looks good, even though I say it myself! 👍

Fitted replacement front left ABS sensor.  Bit of a slog as the old one was seriously well stuck in.  A couple of online videos hint that 'some chipping' out is needed so with this in mind I started by removing the brake calliper, stone guard and the disc for better access.  The heads on the disc retaining screws unsurprisingly burred out so a bit of fettling with drill bits to remove the old screws and an M6 tap to remove the remains of the old bolts and clean up the threads got the holes in the hub back to how they should be; and then to the sensor.

The retaining bolt came out OK.  The sensor took a bit of 'persuasion' to break off the upper part, and then running a 4 mm drill bit down the sides between the hole and the core in 6 or 7 places and the core of the sensor finally came out.  Then I used a large stud extractor pull the rest of the plastic out.  A bit of emery cloth to clean up the bore of the hole, applied a bit of assembly grease and tapped the new one (an amazing £35 for original Bosch complete with Porsche part number for Onlinecarparts) softly home and bolted everything up again including new screws for the disc, fortunately I had two spare from a previous VW disk kit.  Cleared the ABS fault with my new iCarsoft V1.0 POR reader and went for a spin. 😀

MAF last week ABS this week, finally no dashboard warning lights.

Edited by ½cwt
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, naim22 said:

Ben's Short shift kit fitted

Very impressed with it, has that lovely notchiness now

Function first gearknob on the way too so hoping that reduces some of the side to side play

Ive just installed the function first gear knob, great bit of kit

2 hours ago, ½cwt said:

Not seen any pictures of this yet @the baron, beginning to think it is a mythical creature 😉

I’m up to my limit on the image site so need to spend some time deleting pics or maybe setting up another account to allow said pictures of my knob.

1 hour ago, the baron said:

I’m up to my limit on the image site so need to spend some time deleting pics or maybe setting up another account to allow said pictures of my knob.

I just use postimage and there are no accounts and no limits.

Wrapped my 2001 Boxter headers (still need t clean the metel zipties...). Just few weekend to wait to put theise in to 2.7 engine and extend these with new set of sport cat pipes adn ready for summer 😎 (EDIT: the site did not allow me to add jpg image...)

Wrapped headers.pdf

Edited by pacificjuha

On 2/15/2020 at 12:50 PM, naim22 said:

Ben's Short shift kit fitted

Very impressed with it, has that lovely notchiness now

Function first gearknob on the way too so hoping that reduces some of the side to side play

Was this pre assembled short shift, or something modified by someone on here?

1 hour ago, Sanky said:

Thanks, so it’s like the eBay ones with couple of extra bearings added on the ends.

That's basically what he does. Buy in the eBay one and modify it. 

13 hours ago, edc said:

That's basically what he does. Buy in the eBay one and modify it. 

Wouldn't take much to modify my eBay one, to add the extra bearings. But just not sure if the effort is worth it...does it real add anything to a greased one?