What have YOU done to your 986 today ?

Mike G

11 hours ago, Mr96er said:

Just stay away from Spain 😬

No problem, well north in the Loire Valley, also away from France's hot spots in Brittany and the north east.... but as they say in these parts, 'Que sera, sera.'

Driven a lap of the full Le Mans circuit, or as close as you can get. Clipped the curbs perfectly on the run from Mulsanne to Indianapolis.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cheddar Bob said:

Didn't work, well I buggered it up so off to a pro to fit now. 

Hi

I know how you feel. I did the rear arch stone guards (after some paintwork) on my 993 and fekked them up. Having said that they are still on the car. Positioning is near perfect, but drying marks and air bubbles rather ruin the effect.

Berni

7 hours ago, Berni29 said:

Hi

I know how you feel. I did the rear arch stone guards (after some paintwork) on my 993 and fekked them up. Having said that they are still on the car. Positioning is near perfect, but drying marks and air bubbles rather ruin the effect.

Berni

Most of it was spot on. Couldn't get the final parts to stick without creases or bubbles. 

So frustrating

13 hours ago, ½cwt said:

Driven a lap of the full Le Mans circuit, or as close as you can get. Clipped the curbs perfectly on the run from Mulsanne to Indianapolis.

Screamed the mulsanne straight in my old C5 estate packed to the roof with junk, 3 dogs etc, took a big chunk of kerb and there were some blokes working on the barrier. One of them looked up, shook his head pityingly and carried on working. What? I must have been doing at least 60 kph. That's a good spped for one of those.

I knew a guy that had a chain of shops and he bought an expensive set of custom graphics for his race car. He got he guy that did the graphics on his shop windows to come and put them on. There's a world of difference between putting vinyl on a flat shop window to putting them it on an Alfa Romeo. Oh dear - what a mess...

I bought the 3m headlight restoration kit and had a bash last night, they really weren't in any way bad, but I just wanted to make them sparkle, I followed the instructions to a tee, and I really felt like I had made them worse until the final polish with the lube, they have improved but the stress involved of a potential feck up, I only did one and you'd be hard pushed to notice the difference.

I think if your lights are really fogged it would be a real night and day result but for me, not worth the effort and stress as lights were pretty good anyway.

37 minutes ago, JonSta said:

I knew a guy that had a chain of shops and he bought an expensive set of custom graphics for his race car. He got he guy that did the graphics on his shop windows to come and put them on. There's a world of difference between putting vinyl on a flat shop window to putting them it on an Alfa Romeo. Oh dear - what a mess...

Vinyl graphic application on compound curve surfaces is a definite skill and very different from flat surfaces. Easy enough for a DIYer to fekkit up on the flat.

38 minutes ago, JonSta said:

Please don't propagate the drivel fed to you by your idiotic government and the equally stupid media. Spain is still far safer than the UK.

So a significant part of Europe is ganging up on Spain but not on the UK?  That must be a first! Either that or we spend more money in the rest of Europe the the Spanish and the rest of Europe thinks its worth the risk...

Seems to be we're heading to hell in a hand cart whatever the specific decisions are.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JonSta said:

Please don't propagate the drivel fed to you by your idiotic government and the equally stupid media. Spain is still far safer than the UK.

Exactly, apart from a couple of regions in the north, most of Spain has quite low infection rates. Andalucia, for example, just 8 infections per 100,000 population.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ½cwt said:

Vinyl graphic application on compound curve surfaces is a definite skill and very different from flat surfaces. Easy enough for a DIYer to fekkit up on the flat.

yes and I used to help out applying vehicle graphics.... 

Anyways, its being redone tomorrow at signs express. 

5 hours ago, JonSta said:

I think he was just making a humorous quip! Hardly propaging drivel fed to us plebs ehhh.

• Thanks 1

Replaced the cat on the nearside, when i tried to remove the O2 sensor at the end of the cat (off the car luckily) there was a big crack and the O2 sensor rotated along with the corroded boss collar! the exhaust blow was hole caused by corrosion around the O2 boss weld.

Soon sorted ,new cat fitted and now no blow in the exhaust and the car actually feels a bit....peppier.

Edited by Shazbot

45 minutes ago, KevM79 said:

Replaced the broken cubby hinge:

OW2Jt3r.jpg

LHmmAt0.jpg

vLe9Pab.jpg

Nas6Y34.jpg

Done!

...and put a coat of sealer on the hood:

a25lZyQ.jpg

Wow that looks good...is that fully dried. Which product did you use? I did mine a couple of years back but have always been slightly underwhelmed with the result so I'm planning to do it again.

No, that was half of the first coat just.  It does seem to deepen the cloth pigment slightly.  I am looking forward to trying some water on tomorrow as the hood up until now, has just soaked water up like a towel.

It’s actually a tent/camping product.  Same effect but better value per litre