What have YOU done to your 986 today ?

Mike G

10 hours ago, onedesi said:

Are you able to discretely wire in an iPhone charging cable to the headunit?

I have the CDD7418UB-OR and it does not have the ability to plug in a USB for charging. It will accept a USB to play music. In the picture to the left of the HU you can see the cigarette socket which i have replaced with a double USB socket.

IMG_6634.JPG

16 minutes ago, 999mch said:

I have the CDD7418UB-OR and it does not have the ability to plug in a USB for charging. It will accept a USB to play music. In the picture to the left of the HU you can see the cigarette socket which i have replaced with a double USB socket.

IMG_6634.JPG

Thanks very much for that - I hadn’t thought of your solution which is really smart 👍🏼

does the cigarette lighter power down when the ignition is switched off, I’d hate to come back to. A flat battery.

1 minute ago, onedesi said:

does the cigarette lighter power down when the ignition is switched off, I’d hate to come back to. A flat battery

I believe so, my USB has a blue light when it is live (and a cover !) and i have never had a dead battery. Just been to check and the USB comes on with the stereo (key position 2?) and then off when back to position 0.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 999mch said:

I believe so, my USB has a blue light when it is live (and a cover !) and i have never had a dead battery. Just been to check and the USB comes on with the stereo (key position 2?) and then off when back to position 0.

Thanks so much - can I ask which lighter adaptor you bought?

5 minutes ago, onedesi said:

Thanks so much - can I ask which lighter adaptor you bought?

Mine was left over from a project on my boat (now sadly sold), but i happened to be in Halfords a couple of weeks back and spotted the very same. Halfords USB Port HEF623 | Halfords UK. i think i had to make the hole a tiny bit bigger for it to fit, but i used a stanley knife so it really was a tiny bit bigger. Being honest you will probably find cheaper on amazon or ebay.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ½cwt said:

Just parked it on a DFDS ferry from Dover to Calais. Switching Litetronic lights to right hand running is a pain...

Always do this before leaving home. I can cope with the lights “centred” in the dark in the UK and the one experience I had of switching them over was stressful enough on the EuroTunnel….

1 hour ago, map said:

And MPH to KMH

Yep, hold time knob to the left for a count of 5 and watch it change a 106k mile car to a 171k km car. Always a shock that one!

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, ½cwt said:

Just parked it on a DFDS ferry from Dover to Calais. Switching Litetronic lights to right hand running is a pain...

Enjoy your Euro trip. How does the cost of petrol in France compare to the UK

7 hours ago, deanmr2 said:

Didn't see much in France, but Belgium much the same, and in Netherlands SUL actually a bit more...

• Thanks 1

Went to the supermarket to pick up the shopping, as I drove out the carpark l overheard a bloke in his 60's say to his wife "When I win the lottery I am going to buy a car like that". Didn't like to point out his car was probably worth at least twice what mine cost !! Amazing that you can still get that response on a 23 year old vehicle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Put in 80€ of Shell V Power at 256.9 in The Netherlands. I can still feel my credit card quivering in my pocket, but the palpitations have just about clamed down!

24 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

Put in 80€ of Shell V Power at 256.9 in The Netherlands.

Wow.  On Wed I drove past a 98RON supplier, it was showing 2.36, I thought PT had quite pricey fuel. So much for Royal Dutch Shell!

2 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Wow.  On Wed I drove past a 98RON supplier, it was showing 2.36, I thought PT had quite pricey fuel. So much for Royal Dutch Shell!

On a motorway would have been 20c higher.  I noticed petrol generally is about 15-20c higher than diesel in NL.

BTW, No longer RDS, they dropped the Royal Dutch when they fully headquartered to the UK earlier this year.  Something to do with new environmental rules and regs in EU....

7 hours ago, 999mch said:

Went to the supermarket to pick up the shopping, as I drove out the carpark l overheard a bloke in his 60's say to his wife "When I win the lottery I am going to buy a car like that". Didn't like to point out his car was probably worth at least twice what mine cost !! Amazing that you can still get that response on a 23 year old vehicle.

Maybe he was referring to getting 3 numbers 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I ordered a new front number plate holder as noticed mine was broke so to make use of the P&P costs I also ordered a new LCD screen for the air con as some of the pixels are missing.  Was a doddle to fit and looks loads better.  The number plate I'll do next week as its going in for paint on Monday  Replaced a few bulbs as well, just ticking the jobs off steadily, new clutch will be the first biggie

On 7/7/2022 at 10:53 AM, deanmr2 said:

NL 8/7/22 V Power 98. 256.9

B 9/7/22 Total Execellium 98 226.6

F 9/7/22 Total Execellium 98 218.9

Hope this helps.

Edited by ½cwt
  • Thanks 1