What have YOU done to your 986 today ?

Mike G

1 hour ago, PaulQ said:

Got the alignment sorted this morning............

38733678822_983c41bdb9_k.jpg011217 Geo by paul quick, on Flickr

Your toe looked pretty terrible. How longs it been since a geo? Does it feel much better now? 

1 hour ago, PaulQ said:

Got the alignment sorted this morning............

38733678822_983c41bdb9_k.jpg011217 Geo by paul quick, on Flickr

Porsche want circa £200 for any adjustment after a FREE ! check, how much was yours and where please

57 minutes ago, edc said:

Your toe looked pretty terrible. How longs it been since a geo? Does it feel much better now? 

Not great was it.

First geo in my ownership of just over three years and 10k ish miles, though the previous owner had one done not long before I purchased the car.

I had the rear dampers replaced recently and now I know why the car didn't feel any better after having this done.

The garage that did the work didn't have the equipment hence no print off, but I was assured the alignment was ok. Hey-ho.

Yes, it feels like a new car. No more horrible bump steer !

8 hours ago, Chris_H said:

Yesterday MOT - pass:lol:

Today got some new LED headlight bulbs from Eporsche - Wow what a difference - I never have been that impressed with the halogens so I'm well chuffed! 

More details please, make model, cost? 

1 hour ago, mike597 said:

More details please, make model, cost? 

I saw those on the desk at eporsch this week when Leo was in for his new water pump. Not for me though as I have litronics already. 

17 minutes ago, Chris_H said:

£80 for LED Head and sidelight - fitted to my 2003 986 - just pop the old bulbs out an new ones in - no further modification required - so not cheap bit well worth it imho.

Would be interesting to see what make/model they are selling.

I replaced my low beam H7's for LED's a few months ago now, and they are very nice. Wouldn't go back to halogen.

Have a few sets here, and would like to do the high beams as well, but not sure if they will fit yet.

Fitted two front tyres - £222.62, then took in our little Golf for four tyres - £432! Oh and then paid a large deposit towards replacing our bath for a level walk in shower. Bread and water this Christmas!

Drained engine oil and removed filter. I left it for 3 hours to let it all drip out. One thing though, manual says 7.75 ltrs to refill, but have put in a measured 8ltrs and it only lights up the first full segment.

Sorry if I posted in wrong section

Edited by MartinF6