What have YOU done to your 986 today ?

Mike G

Got my poor mans GT3 Cup steering wheel.

Will need to get a shorter boss, or I might be able to modify my existing one, and will be machining up an offset spacer to raise the wheel by

15mm or so...................

38379914234_fdd0099a70_k.jpgdished wheel by paul quick, on Flickr

Edited by PaulQ
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, PaulQ said:

Self inflicted @Jason986S :)

Rarely drink these days, but managed nearly a bottle of Gin yesterday !

Gin is fabulous, I have what could be described as a jug of the stuff in front off me now. Wife has gone to bed after drinking my stash all afternoon and is feeling poorly. Silly sod. Ah well, peace and quiet watching the grand tour on Amazon. Doesn’t tend to get me royaly p1ssed or a hangover, wonderfull 

• Like 1

Wasn't happy with the dull yellow of the original spec sidelight bulbs, so when one failed last week I decided to fit LED sidelights. These match the light of the Litronics so much better. Always struggle with getting the light units back in though....took me nearly 2 hours all in! 

1 hour ago, Billzeebub said:

Wasn't happy with the dull yellow of the original spec sidelight bulbs, so when one failed last week I decided to fit LED sidelights. These match the light of the Litronics so much better. Always struggle with getting the light units back in though....took me nearly 2 hours all in! 

Any pics lit up?

Major service and MOT at Eporsch with no issues or advisories. Great service again from Dean who also had a new petrol filler cap kicking around to swap over for my old one which had a broken strap. No particles evident in the oil or filter but sending a sample off to Oil Lab for analysis to get some base readings in order to monitor the condition of the engine as it ages (108k miles).

MOT and service, but needed new brake pipes. The 'flexible' hoses had seized up solid, so it took some care to get them off without ending up with having to get a new caliper - or two. Four hours work, including the service all told, but well worthwhile. Oh and they changed the brake fluid, having lost quite a lot, without charging me for it. (It had only done 2,000 miles since last MOT, and if it had been an 'ordinary' car they would have advised me not to bother changing the Oil, but I like to be sure it has a good service record, and brake fluid, being hygroscopic, needs refreshing occasionally and I have no idea when it was last changed.)

Father Christmas very kindly left me a DA polisher (thanks Santa for using the link I sent you...), so yesterday (after post Christmas Amazon purchasing - clay bar, hex pads etcetcetc) had a go at cleaning it properly - my first time, well other than old fashioned by hand - I had never 'clayed' before.

Cleaned, clayed, paint restoration stuff, polished and then waxed. Finished at about 1330 today, weather looked good, so took it out and admired all my good work in the mirrors on a circuitous route of A roads around Guildford....

Put it back in the garage, uncovered, until I can clean it again....

clean, drive, repeat......

Think this cleaning lark could get very expensive in 'products' (as if my 'tool buying' habit wasn't expensive enough......)

AaS

1 minute ago, Southy said:

Down when driving up when parked :)

Yes, my paranoia is bad enough plus it's very trigger happy on the alarm, more so when the roof is down. It would have only been a matter of minutes before it shattered the sunday afternoon calm haha.