Latest 987S

Bike Loon

1 hour ago, Menoporsche said:

Mine has manual and an aircon off button. They seem inconsistent!

same here mine has manual A/C and Climate control, with the A/C on/off button that caught me out for a few months Doh!! 

Guvs.

11 hours ago, Bike Loon said:

Pretty sure its the other way round. My last 987S had the eco button and it did not have exact temp numbers, just a sliding scale so it was air conditioning..

This one has climate control hense the exact temp settings you can put it to.

Mine has the eco button and I can set the exact temperature. Confusing now haha.

Ahh well doesnt this appear to be a can of worms! One thing to be sure of is if it tells you the exact temp you are setting it too it is climate control.. but I still think you have to have it set to "auto" to get it to maintain the temp. I am not fussed either way as dont use the auto function anyway lol

IIRC, my 987, which had climate, had an 'eco' button which you pressed to turn the air-con OFF.  When you pressed the button and the amber light was illuminated, the air-con was switched off.

More generally, does anybody know whether there is any interconnection between the position of the hood and the air-con/climate?  In other words, does the air-con/climate know when the roof is down, so it's not wasting energy trying to maintain precise temperature and humidity when the cabin is open to the elements?

16 minutes ago, Bike Loon said:

It will only try to maintain the cabin temp if you have the "auto" button on. If you dont, or you adjust the fan speed manually it just works at the air temp you have selected without altering the fan speed

I was thinking more about humidity, and the air-con working overtime trying to dehumidify the great outdoors! ?

8 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

It is an indulgence to run with aircon on and hood down so you can keep cool on topless hot sunny days :blush:

Can't argue with that, but not helpful! ?

You are missing the point. You have 3 basic settings..

1. Auto = It will adjust the fan speed to try to keep the cabin to the temp you have set

2. Non Auto - it will pump out air con at the temp you have set and the fan speed you have set regardless of the cabin temp

3. Off - Not on lol

9 minutes ago, Daniel Joseph said:

Can't argue with that, but not helpful!

I could have chosen better words - but you can do just that, so I assume there is no link between hood and manual aircon (987.1)

1 hour ago, thanatoid said:

Always thought odd, to have an 'eco' button on a Porsche... :-)

I have one.  It's just under my right foot. :)

Archived