Latest 987S

Bike Loon

Well as some of you know I sold the black 987S that I bought a while ago. I was going to go back to an 986S and invest the rest of the money in a project. Then Araf's 987S came up for sale and I just couldnt resist.

Its an Midnight Blue with Blue roof and interior 57 plate 987S 3.4 litre. It is a very high spec with Sat nav, heated seats, Bose, 19 inch wheels, PSE, Sports Chrono etc etc. It has covered 107,000 miles but drives like it has done half that.

Araf was selling it for a reasonable amount given it still had the balance of the warranty he had bought on it, but it did need a bit of love. The wheels needed refinishing and the front bumper had patches of laquer lifting on it and the usual stone chips on the front etc. I have just had the front bumper and bonnet resprayed and the number plate plinth shortened.

The air con didnt work either (which mortified Araf lol) but fortunately it was a hose that was covered on the warranty so they were replaced by Porsche today so now it is prety much finished. It just needs new wheel bolts which are on the way as the current ones are pretty rusty and then it is all good.

Think this one is a keeper, bit like my 986S was

01e0bb79b50de8b89bc6ee4b5a0d60463d485e04

01ff9058f55d462178d9356aec77898be3dd28a0

0198e6995337c701a372b56f78db309acd12ce44

Even the heater switches are perfect

switches_zpsp8jhecmh.jpg

Looking good get a "Running Report" started we'll look forward to see what mods are left to do.

Guvs.

3 minutes ago, Jason986S said:

Man who sells a 987S for a 987S. Amazing.

To be fair, this one is 2 1/2 years newer than the other one, is a 3.4 litre instead of a 3.2 litre and it has more toys on it. Oh and its my decision.. amazing ;)

3 minutes ago, Guvs said:

Looking good get a "Running Report" started we'll look forward to see what mods are left to do.

Guvs.

No mods allowed mate, has a Porsche warranty till April next year... will save me a fortune on things I cant buy for it lol

8 minutes ago, Bike Loon said:

To be fair, this one is 2 1/2 years newer than the other one, is a 3.4 litre instead of a 3.2 litre and it has more toys on it. Oh and its my decision.. amazing ;)

That is fair. Wasn't knocking at all. I went from Civic to Civic to change shape/year/engine/colour almost every 6 months at one point. Some people thought I was mad.

6 minutes ago, lordlee said:

How are you finding the 3.4 vs the 3.2?

Not a huge amount of difference but the extra 15bhp is noticable on full acceleration. Loving the Sport button that opens the valves on the PSE more than anything to be fair.. its a good noise lol.

Interior is mint, will post pics when I find them lol. Now I have had the front painted and the wheels done it really does not look or drive like a 107,000 mile car. When it went to Mid Sussex Porsche for the air con hoses they gave it a good look over to try and find some more warranty work and could only come up with blurry wipers.. I didnt dare ask what they would charge for new ones,   I just bought a new pair od Bosch ones from Halfords. lol

1 hour ago, Bike Loon said:

Loving the Sport button that opens the valves on the PSE more than anything to be fair.. its a good noise lol.

What's PSE? :unsure:

;)

Bike Loon, the car is a credit to you. B)   Even when I came to collect the tyres, I could see that you'd already put a lot of work into the paint.

The car was my toe back into the Boxster pond, just to make sure it was where I wanted to be, so it served its purpose for me.  I'm really glad that it is now with someone who will really appreciate it.  As has been said, it really does drive like a car with half the mileage, or less.  It  drives better than its replacement (which has 40k less miles on it), but that's something I'm currently addressing.

I love the Cayenne S loaner.  They really looked after you at Porsche Mid Sussex. B) 

4 minutes ago, mike597 said:

I trust Kwikfit will still be handling your oil changes . . . Or have you gone all upmarket on us now ? 

He's out of warranty in March, and the oil service isn't due until July.  Personally, I'd put another 2 years warranty on it in March, but that's not my decision, and Bike Loon may have other plans for it. :) 

Thanks Araf, I didn't want to say how much work I had to put into the paint work as well lol.. but as we know from the previous 987S, I am good at seeing beyond whats in front of me and picturing what it can be with some work. Im really happy with how it has gone and the paint work is now stunning and more in keeping with how the car drives.No creaks, rattles or noises and the suspension is very precise.. I also love how the PSM is less obtrusive with the Sport button on but still doesn't let you get it too out of shape!

Not sure what I will do re the warranty when its up, I do like to modify/personalise cars and the warranrty does not allow this to happen.. but as said that ius a decision for March.

As for PSE.... I am sure if you had been aware the car had it you would have put it in the advert... Its just lucky I checked the option codes you listed when you bought it lol.

Mike, as Araf says, its not due till July, but I may still get it done before then as I usually do. I just think 20k intervals is too much. If I do get it done, it will be my local KF as usual though :D

Another 'Midnight Man' saying hello. I've just recently purchased an S (come from a Cayman S) in the same colour combo, albeit grey interior. My 1st mods are spacers and exhaust, new head unit,  next couple of weeks. Thought I'd miss the Chrono (had it on the Cayman), so far not an issue, thankfully. Envious over your heated seats!

Thanks guys, it is a lovely car now the paints been sorted.. Fitted new non rusty wheel bolts today to finish it off... And how does it repay me my kindness and lavishing money on it? A bloody screw in the n/s/f tyre today.. Awesome! 

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Aircon for manual, eco for climate.

Welcome back, husband ;) 

Thanks for that. Learn something new everyday! Or weeks...

Work has been hectic so can't browse during the weekdays there hence the absence .. now settled to browsing while in bed. Bought a new amazon fire tablet which makes life a bit easier.

48 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Aircon for manual, eco for climate.

Welcome back, husband ;) 

Pretty sure its the other way round. My last 987S had the eco button and it did not have exact temp numbers, just a sliding scale so it was air conditioning..

This one has climate control hense the exact temp settings you can put it to.

Archived