Options and buttons

Mike Cad

7 minutes ago, Araf said:

Just tell him that he can press it as much as he likes, as you have to arm it with another secret switch, and you're not telling him where that one is. ;) 

Good idea! Was watching Bond in Spectre the other night, and he said, "hey dad, James Bond has an ejector seat!..let's try ours out!" :) 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, mrbikerdood said:

Ive ordered some Stu,what ever left you can take your pick after ive taken the best ones lol :)

Cheers, I'd have the 'ludicrous speed' one lol...

...put in the place where Sports Plus normally goes

I have these left - 

20161211_102957.jpg

Stu has had a couple,on a 1st come basis,pm me your address

Si

Now when some one pulls out on me ill be blowing them up....in my head any ways :)

Si

20161211_124106.jpg

1 hour ago, mrbikerdood said:

Now when some one pulls out on me ill be blowing them up....in my head any ways :)

Si

20161211_124106.jpg

They fit well. B) 

I'm now waiting for you to sell the car, and people trying to decipher the options from the buttons. :lol: 

2 hours ago, Araf said:

They fit well. B) 

I'm now waiting for you to sell the car, and people trying to decipher the options from the buttons. :lol: 

this is a keeper now unless i win the lotto :)

9 hours ago, Sazzy said:

What the heck is the one on the far left meant to be?!

I'm wondering if it's an Electronic Sub-Etha Signaling Device, also known as an Electronic Thumb.  </h2g2>

1 hour ago, thanatoid said:

Press that for a fresh pasty?

I mean there's plenty of heat around.....  :-)

Sick of f*****g pasties.........the first 50 are fine, but the next day it's no more please :lol:

2 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

I'm wondering if it's an Electronic Sub-Etha Signaling Device, also known as an Electronic Thumb.  </h2g2>

Or maybe another Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy symbol?

Anyhow, from buttons to new cars. I have ordered a 718 Cayman S for a March/April delivery. Hoping March so I can avoid the new car tax rules. The order books look fuller than for the 981 launch but for someone, the delivery was too early so I got their slot when they cancelled.

i did test drive it and I'm fine with it :)

2 hours ago, Mike Cad said:

Anyhow, from buttons to new cars. I have ordered a 718 Cayman S for a March/April delivery. Hoping March so I can avoid the new car tax rules. The order books look fuller than for the 981 launch but for someone, the delivery was too early so I got their slot when they cancelled.

i did test drive it and I'm fine with it :)

Well done Mike, having seen your spec on your 981 it would be interesting to see the Caymans.

I took the bits I liked from the 981, removed the odd bit and added some new bits.

White (didn't want another red and didn't like any of the other colours).

Black Leather Interior (compared to the base interior, the leather just looks much nicer). Same as 981.

Deletion of model designation (would be too wordy otherwise). Same as 981.

Bi-Xenon with PDLS (LED's are far too expensive even though they look cool). Same as 981.

Park assist front and rear (don't need a camera really). Rear sensors only in 981, I guess I wanted the graphical representation on the cars screen, the rears only just get the beep. I don't really need something to tell me where my front is though...

PDK (had that with my last two Boxsters). Same as 981 (no arguments please :))

PASM (ride comfort really, it is noticeably better in normal mode on 20s). Same as 981.

PTV (didn't have this on my 981 but thought it would be a good thing to have this time).

Sport Chrono (I don't use launch control but I do use sport plus from time to time). Same as 981.

20-inch Carrera S wheels (as I had on the 981 I think but the styling is new, they're also painted in white)

Automatically dimming mirrors with rain sensor (because I'm lazy and am used to it). Same as 981.

Heated Multifunction Steering Wheel (had multifunction in my first Boxster, changed to Sport Design wheel on my second, now I want to control stuff with it again. I don't really care about the heating part though).

Sports seats Plus (2-way, electric) (I like the extra support, smoother leather etc). Same as 981.

Seat Heating (because in Winter it gets really cold). Same as 981.

Passenger footwell storage net (because it's free and wasn't a separate option on the 981)

Porsche Crest embossed on headrests (because it looks cool and should be standard IMO). Same as 981.

BOSE Surround Sound (had sound package plus on my first Boxster and hated it, have Bose currently and much prefer it. The premium sound system is far too expensive). Same as 981.

Connect (well I want to connect my phone for music mainly, something that was missing from my 981. Two or three times a year I might need to fire up the Apple sat nav, hoping it has improved a bit in the last few years).

So that's about it, despite the dealer insisting that I should go for the Porsche Sat Nav, at huge expense, with the potential of adding Connect Plus for even more expense... They were very insistent about resale value but I had to insist that I don't buy a car worrying about what the next owner might think.

No PSE either, I've not had it before and not missed it, if it gave a power increase I might contemplate it but to have something that just shapes a sound differently when you press a button, that comes from the Apple camp of printing your own money :)

Oh and I removed the light design package, because it is really bad... A bioluminescent jellyfish would be a far better option.

Archived