Options and buttons

Mike Cad

I'm contemplating replacing the Boxster S with a 718 Cayman S. I was wondering with all the dead buttons in the centre console, how many can actually be filled? Presumably Sport and Sport+ have been moved onto the steering wheel now. So asides from PASM and Sports Exhaust (above the defaults) what else can fill up the spaces?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Mike Cad said:

I'm contemplating replacing the Boxster S with a 718 Cayman S. I was wondering with all the dead buttons in the centre console, how many can actually be filled? Presumably Sport and Sport+ have been moved onto the steering wheel now. So asides from PASM and Sports Exhaust (above the defaults) what else can fill up the spaces?

I've never seen one with more than 4 on the left and 3 on the right.  From memory, sport button, sport plus button, suspension lift button, PSE button, start stop turn off button, spoiler lift button and DSC button. 

I'm not sure why Porsche designed the buttons with lots more spaces than they could ever fill. Wit without sport and sport+ the 718 would seem to have a max of 5 buttons used.

I think that all white 718 Cayman looks superb. (Except the oversized side intakes that still bug me, though do look like more of a contrast feature in all white)

Yeah I wasn't a fan of the larger intakes when I saw them. I went for Guards Red with my current car but just don't fancy any other colours in the 718 range. Had two Boxsters since 2009 and just don't find myself putting the roof down much any more. Doesn't help that the weather is usually shyate and I don't get out into the countryside very often.

1 hour ago, Mike Cad said:

. Had two Boxsters since 2009 and just don't find myself putting the roof down much any more. Doesn't help that the weather is usually shyate and I don't get out into the countryside very often.

You have to commit to the open air Mike and wrap up accordingly:chilly:. My 10 year old always insists on the roof being down when he's in the car, The Derbyshire Daytona crew all commited to roof down despite -3 C this last Saturday.

3 hours ago, Greenman said:

You have to commit to the open air Mike and wrap up accordingly:chilly:. My 10 year old always insists on the roof being down when he's in the car, The Derbyshire Daytona crew all commited to roof down despite -3 C this last Saturday.

Exactly, Heated seats are a boon though, of course.

3 hours ago, Mike Cad said:

I wish I had the sheer bloody mindedness to put the roof down in freezing temperatures but I don't :)

Well, I might draw the line at sub-zero*, but I'm always amazed at the number of convertibles that are driven around with the roof up on lovely warm days.

*My first car was a Triumph Herald Convertible. I cracked the (plastic) rear window putting the hood down at 1am on 1st January (1982 at a guess).

The sport and sport + is on the steering wheel on the 718 I thought having driven the Boxster. 

There's:

Auto stop, PSE, PASM, Spoiler, Traction............... not sure if there's any other options:ermmm:

55 minutes ago, Greenman said:

After the above comment I thought I'd see if such a thing already existed. It does!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182347649279

he he...pitting they dont sell them a bit cheaper...would buy one or two but dont need 21 for £12!

On 11/30/2016 at 11:42 PM, boxsternoob56 said:

he he...pitting they dont sell them a bit cheaper...would buy one or two but dont need 21 for £12!

Ive ordered some Stu,what ever left you can take your pick after ive taken the best ones lol :)

1 hour ago, Happy Days said:

I had a Z3 around four million years ago and it got fitted with an ejector seat button sticker on one of the dash blanks. The kids used to love it. ???

My son keeps wanting to press the EJECT button, but I won't let him! :) 

AB0A7007-0C85-4A4C-B652-D7150A4571BB_zps

Just tell him that he can press it as much as he likes, as you have to arm it with another secret switch, and you're not telling him where that one is. ;) 

Archived